Author Topic: #boycottfirstnationalbank  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Trblshtr

#boycottfirstnationalbank
« on: February 23, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »
Due to the announcement today that 1st National Bank of Omaha is terminating its credit card co-branding relationship with the NRA, I have closed my VISA card account with Scheel's, which is another co-brand with 1st National.  I also went to Scheel's and spoke with the "store leader" to let him know that I would no longer be a customer of his store for as long as they continue that relationship with 1st National.  He thanked me for letting him know as this feedback will help the company take a stance against 1st National's actions as it "doesn't align with Scheel's values".  I hope that the NRA soon publishes a list of companies that co-brand credit cards with 1st National so that we can vote with OUR pocketbooks to apply pressure to the bank by withholding our purchases.

I also will not be renting cars from Enterprise Holdings or staying at any hotels associated with Wyndham Worldwide.  Other companies will be added to the list as they make their own mistakes.

Steve

Offline OldGringo

Re: #boycottfirstnationalbank
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 05:36:30 PM »
I feel ya...

Politics aside, would you ever want to do business or trust you money to an organization with such little business sense?

What's bizarre about this is that Nebraska is a deep red state with significant gun ownership and 2nd amendment rights. I suspect that their depositors are mostly from the heartland.

First National has shown whom it values most and it's not the people of the plains states nor its customer/depositor base. One can hope the locals will let the bank know how they feel.

The bank seems to be pandering to the ThinkProgress crowd.

All these twitter/facebook responses like "Oh I want to open an account in your bank now" are pure slacktivism. These people located in their East/West Coast Leftist enclaves can barely even be bothered to vote, let alone open an account with an out of state bank.

Good luck First National...

Offline v35

Re: #boycottfirstnationalbank
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »
I cancelled my account today and told them why. Also, I'm looking into any other vendors I use who dropped NRA endorsements because I'll be ending those relationships also, and telling them why too.