Author Topic: anyone considering running the Ruger PC carbine for 3 gun?  (Read 4153 times)

Offline volbagman

Re: anyone considering running the Ruger PC carbine for 3 gun?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 07:52:44 AM »
45 acp would be sweet. I wonder if Ruger is going to make it in other calibers

Offline RPN

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »
10mm would be a dream machine for me.

Offline RocketRyan

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »
I'm getting mine back from Ruger tomorrow. It went back due to the forend/barrel assembly coming loose while shooting even though it was super tight. We'll see if they fixed it or issued a new one. From the 60 or so rounds I tried putting through it, it seemed to be ok. My grip probably lends itself better to a fixed stock model and not a takedown.

Offline newageroman

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 11:46:51 AM »
Thanks for posting Rocket. I hope it works out for you. Please let keep us posted. I don't think the local 3 gun stages are more than 50 yards or so, but they do have a 200 yd rifle range. If that is to be in the mix, I'll try the M1 Carbine as I don't own an AR ( :o) yet. I've got a list of walnut and steel that needs saving before I go polymer and Carbon fiber.

Offline RocketRyan

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 11:26:39 AM »
Unfortunately the same issue is happening. They replaced the takedown block in the receiver. It turns out in swapping barrels/receivers around with a buddy that has one, my barrel is out of spec and doesn't fully insert into either of our receivers. So now I have to go full circle with Ruger again and see what they want to do. It will be for sale after I get the barrel issue taken care of. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars going to a match and not fully trusting that it won't have the same issue if I am pushing it hard.

Offline volbagman

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 12:12:52 PM »
dang, that sucks. now I'm worried. knew I should have waited longer

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about that.  Mine's been running like a champ, but I don't blame you for flipping yours since it's left such a sour taste.

Offline newageroman

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 03:43:20 PM »
hmmm. good to know, thanks for the followup. I got to shoot one this weekend and I'm still sold on it. LGS is having a big sale in a couple of weeks, I'm squirrleing until then. Is this a problem that can be spotted before purchase (putting it together at the counter)?

I also heard about a guy with a barrel that was out of spec, but it was some errant rifling.

Anyone else know of any issues to lookout for?

Offline volbagman

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018, 03:52:54 PM »
I shot mine again this weekend am really no longer worried. The gun ran perfectly. Very accurate at 50 yards. Although I find the front post difficult to acquire. Trying to decide if I want an optic for it.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »
I shot mine again this weekend am really no longer worried. The gun ran perfectly. Very accurate at 50 yards. Although I find the front post difficult to acquire. Trying to decide if I want an optic for it.
Do it.  I ran a Vortex Venom and now a C-More, and it doesn't miss.

Offline volbagman

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »
will either of those co witness with the iron sights? I like to keep irons available in case optics fail. Or I guess I could get some offset irons

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 05:51:25 PM »
will either of those co witness with the iron sights? I like to keep irons available in case optics fail. Or I guess I could get some offset irons
No, not with their standard picatinny rail mounts.  If that's the case, then something with a see-through riser I guess.

Offline volbagman

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 07:58:49 AM »
I might get the Bushnell that was on the Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore email yesterday. At $35, it is so inexpensive. Surely it will work on something if not the PC9

Offline LukeB

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 01:08:20 PM »
Since they added PCC to IDPA I've been tempted to try my Hipoint 9mm carbine out. It's not the prettiest gun (by a long shot) but it shoots great and it would be a lot of fun!

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
Yeah, I'm considering shooting my PCC at a local IDPA if they allow it.  It's not offered as a division option during registration.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:30:36 PM by MoRivera »