Author Topic: Cgw short Reset issues Cz 75b omega  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Cztap

Cgw short Reset issues Cz 75b omega
« on: March 03, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
I need some tech advice. I recently installed the short Reset kit from CGW into my CZ 75b Omega and neither the DA or SA will operate. In SA- the hammer will lock on to the sear but the trigger action cannot move the sear enough to allow the hammer to clear and break. In DA the hammer moves as the trigger is pulled but never breaks... Just follows the trigger back until it catches the first notch on the hammer. I'll list other mods made in case that is relevant to the issue.
Cz 75b Omega (convertible)
      #13 mainspring
      RP trigger return spring
      Extended Firing pin
      RP FP spring
      RP FP block spring
      Increased power sear spring (reinstalled the stock spring)

I reinstalled the stock block lifter arm and disconnector and it operates in both DA/SA. Worth noting... the trigger has always had barely enough movement to release the sear.

Offline schmeky

Re: Cgw short Reset issues Cz 75b omega
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Cztap,

Yes, we have seen this before.  In fact, the steel framed Omega's have undergone some minor changes in the frame (since introduced in 2004).  One of the changes is in the trigger well - on many newer CZ's there is more clearance behind the trigger to allow the newest Omega trigger to fit and function properly.  This means if you install our 92030 short reset, you may not have sufficient clearance for proper rearward travel of the trigger on some frames. 

Contact us if you need some help. 

Offline Cztap

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »
Thats unfortunate but makes sense. Do you recommend adding clearance to the back of the trigger well or the back of the trigger or is there a better third option?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
Give them a call and they will give you the options.

Offline Cztap

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 06:51:45 PM »
So I called CGW. They were super helpful. I'll be calling them as the problem continues to get resolved. The general consensus is to create some relief on the backside of the trigger to allow the trigger to travel further. I've removed .02 so far. The sear raises enough to let the hammer fall but won't release. The hammer just follows the trigger back forward and grabs the 1st notch. SA... Nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's all the same trigger travel problem or if I've got a couple different things going on.

Offline Cztap

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 09:20:40 PM »
So I've removed .070 off the back of the trigger and it is now mostly functioning correctly. The trigger will release the hammer correctly in both DA and SA but does have a problem after reset. When either pulling the trigger very slowly or after racking the slide and resetting the trigger, the next trigger pull will release the hammer from the sear BUT the hammer doesn't fall unless I then continue to pull the trigger farther. If I don't continue to pull the trigger the hammer will follow the trigger forward to rest on the first notch. I think I've read about this issue unrelated to the CGW Short Reset Kit. All advice or help is appreciated.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »
Make sure the trigger bar spring spring is raising the trigger bar properly as the trigger is pulled.

Offline Cztap

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 09:43:14 AM »
Yeah it is. I'm going to call CGW today to see what the pros think. My best guess is the DA roller needs to be larger.

Offline Cztap

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »
New DA roller (.220) and stock sear on the way. My roller measured .210. creating a timing issue with release of the sear and disconnector. Hopefully this resolves it.

Offline Cztap

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 10:51:30 PM »
So... Final update. I ordered and installed a new DA roller (.220) and a new stock sear. The firing surface of the original sear wasnt uniform across the breaking surface. Rather than file it and risk creating more timing issues I replaced it. Everything now works great. The only issue to speak of is overtravel after the break created by me removing so much material off the back of the trigger- best intentions but oh well. 3lb break SA 7.5 at full DA 6.75 from half-cock. Next will be a range trip to make sure the new set up eats what I feed it.

List of mods-
       13# main spring
        Extended Firing pin
        Reduced power FP spring
        Reduced power FP block spring
        CGW short Reset kit- FP block lifter, Disconnector
        Increased power sear spring
        Reduced power trigger return spring
        .220 DA roller
        Polished- trigger bar, leading edge of slide, hammer contacts
        with slide/frame, hammer strut, disconnector contacts with the
        trigger bar.

Learned a ton. CZ and CGW are a great combo. Not sure I would recommend this model with these mods unless you're willing to exhaust the mental energy to perform the work. Perhaps the 75B omega will become a bit more consistent over time. Regardless... I enjoyed the process. Huge thank you to the guys at CGW. They were terrific.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 01:31:26 AM »
Interesting stuff thank you for the updates.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:09 AM »
Learned a ton. CZ and CGW are a great combo. Not sure I would recommend this model with these mods unless you're willing to exhaust the mental energy to perform the work. Perhaps the 75B omega will become a bit more consistent over time.

Well if you're being honest it's not the gun or the mods but a lack of experience working on this platform that led to your expenditure of mental energy.
Working on ones own firearms is fun and rewarding and I have learned to do most all my own work but when you're learning a new gun you have to own the bumps in  the road where knowledge is lacking.

Offline Cztap

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 09:28:17 AM »
Headed to the range... Gun shoots great. Fed and fired 250 reloads with CCI primers with no problems.

Offline Bowenbuilt

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 02:52:38 PM »
A set screw in the trigger or purchase the one offered by CGW's will fix the over travel issue pretty quickly.

anything