Author Topic: Half cock on B (safety) model-  (Read 4488 times)

Offline beagleye

Re: Half cock on B (safety) model-
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
You all gave me lot's of good advise. But it was all wiped away today when I stumbled into a RAMI B at my favorite pawn shop, LNIB. Good price. It's the first Rami I've seen locally. I was like a proverbial duck on a June bug. I still need to complete the permit to pick it up.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 10:48:42 PM »
Congrats!
Great choice.
I like shooting my RAMI so much; after nearly 4000 rounds the trigger has polished in like a knife through butter.

Enjoy!
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »
Welcome to the club.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Flankenstein

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »
Beagleye, I'm a 1911 guy (still keep one in the bedroom with my P09).  Cocked and locked is the only way I carry.  For almost 40 years now.

I don't feel uncomfortable at all carrying cocked and locked with a CZ.  Unless I'm shooting it the thumb safety is in the SAFE position.  Even if something were to fail and the hammer dropped, the firing pin block safety is still there (I even left it installed in the Compact I converted to SAO).

You can carry anyway you want to, it's you and your pistol.  I just like the SA trigger pull and the last time I missed a thumb safety on the draw stroke was about 1982 or 83.  The Combat Commander got a set of extended ambidextrous safeties after that and I never missed it again.

Good luck with it.

I'm confused. Why aren't you comfortable carrying a CZ cocked and locked?

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »
Double Negative means Positive.  He IS comfortable.   He's not UNcomfortable.

In fact, he is completely comfortable by not being uncomfortable at all.

A commonly misused statement is, "I could care less." When if they didn't care at all, should have been, "I couldn't care less".  Insert a comma in the right place, and one would be talking to a guy name Les, whether he cared not, or just somewhat.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:49:06 AM by Tyerone »

Offline Flankenstein

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 12:27:17 PM »
I see. Serves me right for skimming posts and multi tasking.

Offline Pilot1

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »
50 years of decocking manually on a LOT of different guns from shotguns to revolvers. Easy peezy. In fact its the only reason I sold my P01 and PCR and bought a Canik alloy frame compact with safety.

I am the same way.  I don't like nor use decockers.  However, I like the PCR so much, I put up with it.  Nobody says I have to use it.  I carry both my PCR, and 75B at half cock.  Haven't gotten around to carrying my 97B yet.   ;D

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 04:13:09 PM »
I see. Serves me right for skimming posts and multi tasking.

No worries, Mate.  You just gave me the opportunity to try to be funny.  I had fun (for a least for a minute) in "educating" a teacher/Nun that "can" according to Webster  is a simile to "may" as in asking for permission vs. merely the ability to (go to the bathroom, for instance).

Despite the pain, it was worth it!

Abuse the language enough and and it becomes language.  If Webster, et-al weren't so liberal, even "clips" could be cosidered magazines, lol. Or maybe they already are...

Offline GBUS

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 07:45:45 PM »
Are there any differences in how the safety levers lock up the hammers between the 75B DA/SA and 75B SAO outside of the feel when engaging/disengaging them?

I'm comfortable with cocked and locked carry with my 75B-SA but never really thought about using my SP01 that way until this thread as I don't carry it for SD, just range use. I don't often engage the safety on it, I just shoot it DA/SA or thumb the hammer back as needed. But the two guns do have a distinctly different feel with the 75B SA safety feeling more positive.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 07:54:17 PM »
  If Webster, et-al weren't so liberal, even "clips" could be cosidered magazines, lol. Or maybe they already are...

Check out their changed definition of assault rifle....................................................  now includes semi autos
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?