Author Topic: CZC Tactical Short Rear vs. HTAC Rear  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Westy

CZC Tactical Short Rear vs. HTAC Rear
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:14:01 AM »
Looking to change the sights on my 75 Compact and would like an all black rear. Can someone talk to me about the differences of the HTAC rear and the Tactical (short) rear? Looks like the HTAC has a ledge for one handed manipulation of the slide. Also I would like to pair it up with a Dawson front sight, any input on sight height would be much appreciated. I think CZC measures the overall sight height and Dawson is from the top of the slide to the top of the sight.

I have the standard Tactical rear on my SP-01 so I have a little experience with that style.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:56:22 PM by Westy »

Offline P.Kersey

Re: CZC Tactical Short Rear vs. HTAC Rear
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:08:56 AM »
The h-tac rear is meant to be paired with a 6.5 mm front sight while the short tactical rear works with stock height 5.5mm front. The CZC rear htac is the same height as their competition and tactical rears. I used to run an htac paired with a CGW /Dawson front on a p01 and it worked out. I can look for what size front I was running later with the setup. Sold the p01 but pretty sure I still have the front sight packaging somewhere.

Offline Westy

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:30:57 AM »
Thank you P.Kersey - if you happen to find that packaging I would definitely appreciate the info!

Offline P.Kersey

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 06:33:40 PM »
Found the packaging and it?s CGW part # 050-278 that I paired the htac to. Description on Package says Dawson precision  .170T/.095W. On CGW site says 6.5mm front sight. Like you said if you go with the Dawson Prescision branded sights it looks like the measure differently than CZC or CGW. Probably a good idea to check with DawsonPrecision first about size if you order directly from them. The CGW and CZC 6.5mm should be good  to go with the htac. Dawson has a ton of front heights available so you could find the right front sight for your gun + ammo. Will say the CGW sight gives a lot of daylight between the front posts if that?s what you?re looking for. Hope that helps.

Offline Westy

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
Thank you for the information, that does help. I've got a .150 x .100 front that I just installed which was supposed to be paired up with a Dawson Carry rear but there wasn't enough clearance for the top of the slide with that sight on my Compact. The front is already installed so I won't be able to return it so I was hopeful one of those two CZC rears would work with that height. If not, I'll save those sights for a future build and order what I need for the Compact.

Did you like that setup with the HTAC and the fiber optic up front?