Author Topic: Range report SAR USA B6C,,I,m left awestruck  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Victor Y

Range report SAR USA B6C,,I,m left awestruck
« on: March 25, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »
So I FINALLY got the chance to go to my outdoor range to run some rounds through my new B6C, had to outwait the rain and cold. Took along 150 rounds of federal ( NOT ENOUGH). Now I have two Sigs (320C,,,P2239) that are my carry's and after Extensive research lasting weeks and finally finding a B6C on Buds website I bought one.
To say I was impressed is an understatement. It left me awestruck that a Turkish made pistol that I paid $300 dollars  for OUT-PREFORMED both my Sigs,,yes, OUT-PREFORMED!!! Set up target at 10 yards.150 rounds in less than an hour and not ONE single misfire, FTF ,FTE,,,FLAWLESS. It has IMO better accuracy than both the sigs. Now I shoot the 320 decently as it (was) my go to C.C. the 229 a tad better BUT that B6C just simply put rounds on target with much better accuracy . It hands down was just much better at acquiring target, shoots wayyyyy softer than the two and follow up shot,double tap was a breeze. I was simply dumbfounded!!! Well to say the least sorry Sigs but the B6C is now my new Carry  gun. It just whooped them sigs like they were red headed stepchildren
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:10:37 PM by Victor Y »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Range report SAR USA B6C,,I,m left awestruck
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 11:36:22 AM »
Congratulations on your SAR B6C and Welcome to the Forum!  :)

In my case, I sold off an excellent 9mm Sig P226 and .45 Sig P220 due to the fact that my Cz Clones were so much easier to shoot accurately, due to better the better ergonomics of the Cz Design.

I have both the SAR B6P and K2P (CM9 Gen 1 ) and I have carried the K2P through three Winters and two Summers.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:14:50 PM »
I have a Sar B6P and Witness P series. The Witness and Sar are almost equal in accuracy but the nod goes to the Witness.
Both are good pistols.
"1776" - Part II

Offline DanPop985

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »
Victory Y, welcome to your new home. Long story short, I bought a K2P after San Bernardino. The K2P and B6Pc are the same pistol except the K2P has a full dust cover, ambi safety and adjustable sights. I did tons of research before I bought it and knew it was the gun for me. My son in law loved it so much that he bought one for himself. IMHO Sarsilmaz pistols are the most gun/value I've ever seen. Well maybe my Taurus pt111 9mm is right there with it.
EAA SAR K2P 9mm
Taurus PT111 G2 9mm
Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Walther PPS m2 9mm
Ruger LCP .380
S&W Bodyguard .380
Sig Sauer Mosquito 22lr
Sig Sauer P250 22lr compact

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 11:26:26 PM »
I tried to add some pics of the targets involved but couldn't firgure the img thing, would not let me grab from my comp
I started an account at PostImage. I share from there. The image needs to be the URL of the image. You can do it with code, but if you just add the image URL, highlight it, and  click the image tool, it creates the markup for you.
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline Victor Y

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 04:04:23 PM »
The first pic is from the B6c,,Second from the P239 and third from the 320c

Offline Victor Y

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 09:50:45 PM »
went back out today  to the range with just the SAR. I wanted to try a few different bullet weights so I brought along one hundred 119 gr.Federal eagle FMJ's and a hundred 124 gr's. What I came to see is that for me at least, I get a lot better accuracy with the 124 grain rounds. much tighter groups from 5 yards out to 15 yards. That is fine with me as I use 124 grain SIG Elite V-Crown JHP's. thats some 300 rounds through this SAR B6C is the past week with not one FTF or FTE or any issue at all. At this point I feel save in now making this my EDC
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:52:49 PM by Victor Y »

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 12:13:58 AM »
Victory Y, welcome to your new home. Long story short, I bought a K2P after San Bernardino. The K2P and B6Pc are the same pistol except the K2P has a full dust cover, ambi safety and adjustable sights. I did tons of research before I bought it and knew it was the gun for me. My son in law loved it so much that he bought one for himself. IMHO Sarsilmaz pistols are the most gun/value I've ever seen. Well maybe my Taurus pt111 9mm is right there with it.

Actually, The K2P (CM9 Gen 1) and the B6C have quite a few differences, and are not the same gun. About the only thing they have in common is the same barrel length, and they may share internals.
The K2P has a 17 round mag capacity (B6C is 13 rounds), full length dust cover w/ accessory rail, ambi safety, heavier slide w/serrations fore and aft, and "combat" sights. It might be safe to say the K2P is a B6C built to MilSpec, but you cannot say it is the same pistol.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 12:33:11 AM by DF_Hammack »
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline Rcher

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 04:30:19 AM »
went back out today  to the range with just the SAR. I wanted to try a few different bullet weights so I brought along one hundred 119 gr.Federal eagle FMJ's and a hundred 124 gr's. What I came to see is that for me at least, I get a lot better accuracy with the 124 grain rounds. much tighter groups from 5 yards out to 15 yards. That is fine with me as I use 124 grain SIG Elite V-Crown JHP's. thats some 300 rounds through this SAR B6C is the past week with not one FTF or FTE or any issue at all. At this point I feel save in now making this my EDC

Congrats with your new gun! I also found better results and less recoil with 124 gr when shooting with my SAR Mega. Started with Freedom Munitions, now my favorite training ammo is 124gr Speer Lawman, Blazer Brass or S & B.

Offline unionman

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 11:31:12 PM »
I've been interested in these for awhile.  What's the height on them (from top of slide to bottom, not including the sight) and grip width?  That'd help me know if I could carry it with my set-up!  thanks.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 02:04:06 PM »
The K2P and B6Pc are the same pistol except the K2P has a full dust cover, ambi safety and adjustable sights.

Actually, The K2P (CM9 Gen 1) and the B6C have quite a few differences, and are not the same gun. About the only thing they have in common is the same barrel length, and they may share internals.
The K2P has a 17 round mag capacity (B6C is 13 rounds), full length dust cover w/ accessory rail, ambi safety, heavier slide w/serrations fore and aft, and "combat" sights. It might be safe to say the K2P is a B6C built to MilSpec, but you cannot say it is the same pistol.

Also, the B6 series Pistols have a different Barrel to Slide Lockup.  The B6 Series Pistols use Cz75 style Barrel Locking Lugs, one for the Compact and two for the Full Size, that mate into milled Recesses in the Slide, whereas the K2P (CM9 Gen 1 ) uses a Sig Style Chamber Locking Block that fits into the Slide Ejection Port for Lockup.

SAR B6P & K2P Slide/Barrel Lock up Comparison

Both work about as well, it's just that the K2P style lockup is easier and less expensive to manufacture.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:07:05 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"