Author Topic: Baby Desert Eagle Gen 3 vs the Turks  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Apex

Baby Desert Eagle Gen 3 vs the Turks
« on: March 13, 2018, 05:15:45 AM »
I?ve been looking for some feedback on the new guns made by BUL in Israel. Anybody have one ? I prefer reviews at forums as opposed to online gun rags. Having owned both a Jericho and currently a T-120 I can say they are both excellent weapons. I actually prefered my Jericho a bit more. I liked the steel frame & the trigger was better, both DA & SA were lighter with a shorter pull. However in terms of overall build quality / fit & finish, the Turk is just as nice. The gen 3 does look nicer all around : https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/9/8/mri-s-baby-desert-eagle-iii-pistols/ : https://gundigest.com/reviews/handguns-reviews/review-baby-desert-eagle-9mm. On a side note : For people looking for a full size baby eagle (4.43? bbl) steel frame in 45 acp, they are available at GB and elsewhere. They had been quite rare until the new BUL pistols hit the market.

Offline Rcher

Re: Baby Desert Eagle Gen 3 vs the Turks
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »
I?ve been looking for some feedback on the new guns made by BUL in Israel. Anybody have one ? I prefer reviews at forums as opposed to online gun rags. Having owned both a Jericho and currently a T-120 I can say they are both excellent weapons. I actually prefered my Jericho a bit more. I liked the steel frame & the trigger was better, both DA & SA were lighter with a shorter pull. However in terms of overall build quality / fit & finish, the Turk is just as nice. The gen 3 does look nicer all around : https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/9/8/mri-s-baby-desert-eagle-iii-pistols/ : https://gundigest.com/reviews/handguns-reviews/review-baby-desert-eagle-9mm. On a side note : For people looking for a full size baby eagle (4.43? bbl) steel frame in 45 acp, they are available at GB and elsewhere. They had been quite rare until the new BUL pistols hit the market.

For some reasons they put safety/decocker on a slide to make it similar to Beretta 92/M9. I own Beretta 92FS (Italy), but I'd prefer safety/decocker on a frame. If I need to get access to firing pin block to disassemble/clean/replace - it's a pain. I like how simple it is on CZ/Tanfoglio/Turks.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »

For some reasons they put safety/decocker on a slide to make it similar to Beretta 92/M9. I own Beretta 92FS (Italy), but I'd prefer safety/decocker on a frame. If I need to get access to firing pin block to disassemble/clean/replace - it's a pain. I like how simple it is on CZ/Tanfoglio/Turks.

The original Baby Eagle had a slide mounted safety/decocker, as well as the earlier Tanfoglio clones. So, the slide mounted safety/decocker is technically correct. For myself, I prefer the frame mounted safety on my Tristar, but I wish it was a decocker.
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline Apex

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 05:41:43 AM »
I can go either way on the safety / decocker location. I spent several years shooting S&W 3rd gen all steel pistols with the slide mounted setup. The new baby eagles (gen 3) look nicer than a gen 2 but @ $200.00 more than Canik it might be a tough sell. At least they offer a version in 45 acp.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 09:01:00 AM »
I might eventually buy another pistol, but I like my Tristar so much it would be a real tough sell to get me to trade it for anything.
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline Apex

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 11:17:36 AM »
If they would offer these new Gen 3 guns in matte chrome the extra price wouldn?t be so bad. They only offer black and it looks fairly cheap. Parkerizing ? Idk 😐 I want to try one in 45 acp but I know absolutely nobody with a BUL pistol. $570.00 ?