Author Topic: Students suspended for off campus gun Pics.  (Read 3242 times)

Offline cntrydawwwg

Students suspended for off campus gun Pics.
« on: March 17, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »
Came across this today and just had to rant.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/robert-farago/njs-lacey-township-high-school-students-suspended-for-off-campus-gun-pics/

? Two students at Lacey Township High-school, NJ were suspended for posting a picture of themselves shooting guns at a private gun range with the caption ?fun day at the range?.

The school?s zero tolerance policy says that students cannot be in possession of weapons at any time, whether on or off campus . . .?

When will we quit giving schools so much power? Too many times I hear of schools being able to make decisions on what kids can or cannot do while on their own private time away from school. Schools should not be able to control anything a kid does that doesn?t occur on school property.

Granted, if the kid is arrested for threats made against the school or students that?s one thing. But other than that, I don?t see how a school has a right to add discipline for even theft, MIP, fighting, etc., let alone exercising a God given American Right that has nothing to do with school at all.

Too many parents have relinquished power to schools to raise their children. Too many parents have been brainwashed that the Government and schools  know better. Parents need to actually start reading the school handbook and stand up and take back their rights to regulate what happens away from school property.

While I?m at it..... On the flip side, parents need to start standing with the school against their kids at times. Instead of yelling at the teacher ?cause little Johnny or Suzie should be able to do or say whatever they want, be a parent and discipline the kid for acting up at school.

I don?t know, maybe I?m old school. I see stuff everyday that just makes me shake head. JMHO.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:44:12 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Students suspended for off campus gun Pics.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »
I had my rebel streak in jr high and I learned that many school administrators had authority complex?s. This is evidenced by stories such as the one you posted. The fact that they think their jurisdiction steps outside of their realm of the schools is laughable and an example of how carried away they get in their presumptions of power and knowledge.

It?s like an high school basketball player going around middle school gym class basketball for a longtime. Getting this perception that they are the best player out there. Then they have to come back to the real world where there are college basketball players and even professional basketball players. That is the pathetic world quite a few of these administrators build up about themselves and their ideas.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:24:41 PM »
These same bureaucrats and politicians that advocate for gun "control" absolutely think they can do what they want in spite of rule of law, not to mention our constitution. It only gets worse from here.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »

I don?t know, maybe I?m old school. I see stuff everyday that just makes me shake head. JMHO.

Well I agree,I'm old school too and speaking of school when I was in elementary school we would take toy guns to school to play with at recess. Nothing was ever said it was just boys being boys. We all know what would happen to a little kid with a toy gun at school.
By the way on another note related to your above post kids who walked out in protest of gun violence a couple days ago in Chicago vandalized a Walmart as well as cars and school buses. Gun shots were also heard in the parking lot during the "walkout".
www.foxnews.com/.../chicago-students-allegedly-trash-walmart-during-national-school-...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:49:59 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 07:52:26 AM »
If no threat was stated and just a fun range day then some one needs to be reminded of their limits of authority!
"1776" - Part II

Offline Trblshtr

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 08:16:37 AM »
..The school?s zero tolerance policy says that students cannot be in possession of weapons at any time, whether on or off campus . . .?

Just a gentle reminder that policies like this are the ultimate responsibility of the local school board, which is an elected position.  Something to consider if you're thinking of not voting in these typically single digit turnout elections.
Steve

Offline RAEIndustries

• RAE Industries
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 04:58:09 PM »
well if they dont graduate at least they wont have to pay back a quarter million dollars in student  loans that fund all the free school for the liberal voters
S. Rife

RAE Industries

www.raeind.com

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 06:13:31 PM »
In my opinion, this is a clear and egregious violation of the students second amendment rights by a school sactioned by the government.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »
Might consider a lawsuit for infringement of rights and falsely connecting them to illegal activities.
This also might be available to State and/or Federal registries for improper firearm activities. :-\
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:47:02 PM by 1SOW »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 03:59:54 AM »
I certainly hope that someone there can file some sort of suit to overturn a clearly discriminatory action. In my state, posturing a pic of a student at the range might bring calls from the teachers, "Hey, what is that and when can I try it out?"

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »
I?ve tried searching, but haven?t found an update. I would like to hear the outcome of this. Too many times the news (any news) moves on to the next story and never gives an update.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »
I?ve tried searching, but haven?t found an update. I would like to hear the outcome of this. Too many times the news (any news) moves on to the next story and never gives an update.

Because the outcome isn't likely in favor of gun control etc so the media no longer wants to report on it.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline rhart

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 06:49:32 AM »
This kind of crap is just insane.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline AlphaWhiskey9057

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 03:39:44 AM »
Schools get money based on number of attendance.  My children do not attend public schools.  We have the ability to hit them where it hurts most.  right in the pocket book.  Schools dont educate your children these days anyway.  the curriculum is based off an aptitude test... why.... wait for it.... money.  they get paid more money the more students pass these tests that do not prepare your children for their future.  Do your children a favor.  School them somewhere else.  Not only that but look at the garbage they do teach them these days.  IF We The People stand up, they will be put in their place.  standing back doing nothing but taking it will only make them more bold.  You have a responsibility to your children.... dont you?

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 05:36:10 PM »
This happens when parent become lazy and gov tries to take over.  This is ridiculous!  They are doing something completely legal.... even in NJ! So they school itself needs to be punished.