Author Topic: Short trigger for a 75, how short?  (Read 945 times)

Offline Lance Boyle

Short trigger for a 75, how short?
« on: March 18, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »
I have a shadow 2 and would like a shorter trigger.

CZ custom sells a short reach trigger but I cannot see how much shorter. 

How much shorter?   
Does it shorten the reset? 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:20:22 AM by Lance Boyle »

Offline Lance Boyle

Re: Short trigger for a 75, how short?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »
I have tried messaging here and calling the shop.  I called a few times and left a message a week ago.

I am at loss on how else to get a question answered. 

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »
It would probably help if you either named the part specifically, OR provided a link to it.  All I see at CZC is the CZC Short DA Trigger Kit

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fire-control/czc-short-da-trigger-kit.html

Is that what you're looking at?

If so, it says in the description that the kit comes with the short reset disco, so yes, it will shorten reset and eliminate take-up.  And the pic shows about how much it shortens reach for double action.  Personally, it seems like that image is more useful than an actual measurement would be.  I'm not sure how I'd break out the calipers and measure how much shorter I would prefer my reach.  Seems like something better suited to your precision-tuned eyeball gauge. ;)

Offline Lance Boyle

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »
Yes that’s the critter my good man.

I looked at the CGW kit too, theirs is a 5mm reduction but is encumbered with set screws which I would like to avoid.   I’m sure it’s a good product too. 

I am trying to figure out the shortest.  I prefer to go with CZ customs design as long as it’s not drastically longer than CGW.  The CGW design seems more fooll proof.   No offense to any self identified fools.  (Grin)

I am cursed with short digits. 

I don’t have the S2 in hand.  I have to wait for guvmint paperwork to get it out of jail.  I handled it breifly when fedex dropped it at the store.  Definitely need some help in the DA reach. 

ETA I did go and critically review pictures of a stick shadow and compared it to the CZC and the CGW offerings.   It is kind of inconclusive as you cannot see the whole gun.  You cannot tell if the hammer is fully down or dropped to the hammer shelf stop. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:59:11 AM by Lance Boyle »

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:41:08 AM »
You know, even if you found a forum user who owned it and had installed theirs, it would require that they had taken the measurement before and after themselves, and I'm not sure how many people would actually do that.  AND you'd have to trust that they measured it properly and precisely.  AND since the trigger pivots, the measurement is going to be longer the closer you get to the tip of the trigger, so you'd have to know exactly where they measured it, and if that's the same point at which CGW measured the reduction on theirs, and so on and so on.

Even if you get a measurement from CZC, you wouldn't know if CZC measured theirs at the exact same point that CGW measured theirs.  I'm just not sure that you're going to get a measurement as meaningful as you're hoping for.

Good luck, though.  ;)

Offline Lance Boyle

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 12:04:38 PM »
You’re probably right.

I would assume (yea I know) that one would measure at the rearmost point along the arc. 

You did get me thinking though.  I examined the pictures and compared that rearmost point of arc to the trigger pivot pin and the milled recess around the pin.   The CGW picture appeared more rear ward at rest but the picure doesn’t show you where the hammer is resting; fully down or on the hammer step.

( shrugs)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 01:13:06 AM »
I can't tell you about the S2,  but I posted pics here for the SRT my 75B had done by David years ago before CGW came into being.  I have a very short reach strong hand
The reach was very much shortened and the pic I posted compared my son's Custom SPO1 Shadow with my B  laying on graph paper.  The B trigger was very obviously resting further back.

Re the trigger screws:  at the time the SA reset screw wasn't legal for USPSA so I didn't install it.  It didn't take long to start riding the reset, and the reset screw wasn't needed.  To this day, my 75B has a shorter and crisper pull than my fully worked 75 Shadow with lighter springs.

All this is just to relate that CGW has continued to refine their kits,  and many folks here can verify they deliver the advertised results or find out why not and correct it. 

Offline George16

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »
CGW is already ramping up production of the reach reduction kit for the Shadow 2. Just order that once it’s available in a couple of weeks. I already have the old style 85 trigger with a T3 disconnector but will be ordering the disconnector part of the kit since the kit itself is made up of the old style 85 trigger and the new shadow 2 specific disconnector.

Offline Lance Boyle

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 09:08:27 AM »
That’s great news!   

I can wait that long.  I get to get my shadow2 out of jail now as my license is amended for it.  I will shoot it a bit for some break in time. 

Thanks George et al!   

Offline Lance Boyle

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
I have pulled apart 1911s, glocks, and S&W revolvers.  The CZ shadow 2 is a beast of small parts.

Somewhere along the way in watching you tube videos before going beyond field stripping I somehow came into thinking where were two small coil springs bearing on the safeties from the rear of the receiver.  After I popped (literally) the seat cage out I found the ringt safety retainer loose on the bench.   I saw the flat where it would sit in the frame and spent the next two hours looking for that second spring, on the floor with a broom and magnet, on chairs, in a pile of papers and even picking up a case worth of empty beers and shining a light from the bottom to see inside.  Nope nothing. 

Then I begin doubting myself and check the schematic.   There is no second safety retaining spring in the Shadow 2.    I was looking for something that didn’t exist.    The cage holds that tiny metal retaining chip in place.   

Overall I like less parts but I do want the ones that are needed. 

Offline Lance Boyle

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »
I got the kit from Cajun.  They answered their phone.   O0

Offline Stuart

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »
sorry missed your call / email.
did not see in my email or voicemail

Short reach kits also have short reset disconnector.
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

anything