Author Topic: Shadow 2 trigger upgrade  (Read 2584 times)

Offline rotorwind

Shadow 2 trigger upgrade
« on: March 19, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »
Guy I know changed some springs out on his S2.   Springs are from CGW to improve the trigger pull.   Ive went ahead and ordered the same ones

11.5 # hammer spring
Reduced firing pin spring
11 # recoil spring

Anyone else do these 3 springs?   Any issues?   His trigger definitely felt a little lighter esp in DA.   Says he hasn't had any light primer strikes etc.   Just seeing if others had similar results.

thanks

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Shadow 2 trigger upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 07:46:42 PM »
Pretty common, but I would definitely get an extended FP running that hammer spring.

Offline George16

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
I installed the following; 11.5# hammer spring, 11# recoil spring, reduced firing pin spring, extended firing pin, reduced trigger spring. I also polished the trigger bar, hammer strut, sear surfaces, hammer and the frame sides. My DA is super smooth and is now at 5# 10 ozs, SA is 2# 3 ozs.

I haven?t experienced any light primer strikes at all.

Offline rotorwind

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 09:41:36 PM »
Thanks guys.  I was debating if I should get the extended FP.   The guy I know doesn't have it and has 1300 trouble free rounds.   Couldn't hurt though.

Offline kmanick

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:34:26 AM »
I'm going with the 13 pound hammer spring and I got the extended FP anyway (I might go to the 11 pound at some point)
can't hurt
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »
Keep in mind your recoil spring should be adjusted to your loads.  It?s not going to effect your trigger pull.

Offline dEX_RX

• NXGen Tactical
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »
I installed the following; 11.5# hammer spring, 11# recoil spring, reduced firing pin spring, extended firing pin, reduced trigger spring. I also polished the trigger bar, hammer strut, sear surfaces, hammer and the frame sides. My DA is super smooth and is now at 5# 10 ozs, SA is 2# 3 ozs.

I haven?t experienced any light primer strikes at all.

I?m in the same range with similar spring changes but without the polishing. I might have to take out the dremel and polishing compound!
CZC Bull Shadow 2 - Bronze
CZ Shadow 2 - Black
Walther PPS M2

Offline rotorwind

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
OP here with an update

finally got around to changing out the springs (hammer, firing pin and recoil) and wow I'm really impressed with the trigger!   Double action feels a lot lighter.   CGW says for completion only and will only work with Winchester/federal primers.    Well I use Winchester and no issues at all so far (didn't fire a ton of rounds yet).   I even tried some Fiocchi facory and Winchester NATO.  Everything fired!

happy so far

Offline rhart

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 03:01:16 PM »
OP here with an update

finally got around to changing out the springs (hammer, firing pin and recoil) and wow I'm really impressed with the trigger!   Double action feels a lot lighter.   CGW says for completion only and will only work with Winchester/federal primers.    Well I use Winchester and no issues at all so far (didn't fire a ton of rounds yet).   I even tried some Fiocchi facory and Winchester NATO.  Everything fired!

happy so far

Good deal! I've never had much luck with the 11.5# hammer spring - too many light strikes. I use a 13# in everything  with an EFP and RPFPS. I mostly shoot Freedom munitions which people say have a little harder primers.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline rotorwind

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 12:19:42 AM »
Interesting, appreciate the info.   If I have any trouble I?ll switch to the 13 pound hammer spring and get the extended firing pin.    Thanks

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 07:08:03 AM »
Yes, all the springs above and order the extended FP and lightened spring.  The CGW floating trigger pin and lightened TRS allowed my SA to be a bit on the light side, under 2lbs, so I put in the EU (IPSC store) +10% TRS and came out with a 7lbs DA (very smooth) and 2.7lbs SA.  Really nice!  Next I'll put in the stock TRS and check the pull weights.  I haven't done any polishing.  With the extended FP/spring combo, lighting CCI primers is no problem with the 11.5 HS.

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 07:21:25 AM »
I pulled this off another forum I'm on...............

Stock rear sight and just ordered a custom Dawson .240h x .125w.  My old eyes like less of a gap.  Yellow f/o from Brazos.

CGW 10lbs recoil spring, CGW 11.5 HS, CGW reduced trs, CZC extended fp and 2075 Rami fps.  I did not polish the internals, springs only!  DA 5.14 and SA >2.0.  Stock trigger.  CZC thin blue grips,  CGW floating trigger pin, CZC basepads.  I have the CZC RRK kit but will wait until May on the install if needed.  I got lucky.  I have on order a set of LOK thin full checkered G10s.  Depending on muzzle flip, might entertain an 8 or 9 recoil spring. (I'm now running the LOK grips and like them best)

Running ammo/primers reliability tests.  So far it has fired everything (Fed, MagTech, Win, CCI) and I like the 135g Blue bullet from TNT with Win primers.

CZs are fun to fiddle with!