Author Topic: Complete disassembly: lubrication points?  (Read 8032 times)

Offline boss281

Complete disassembly: lubrication points?
« on: March 21, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
I'm putting the Cajun Gun Works defensive carry package/decocker into my P-01 this week.  I've got about 700 rounds of various ammo through it and there is definitely some gunk that needs cleaned, so I'll be thorough when things are apart.

The armorer's manual and pistol manual say very little about where to lubricate with oil and grease.  I'll have the firing pin, trigger, hammer and sear cage assemblies out of the gun to replace the needed parts...
Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Complete disassembly: lubrication points?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:36:20 AM »
If I use anything that strips the oil off the metal surfaces I use something to get oil back on it.  Spray cleaners (gun scrubber, brake cleaner, carb cleaner will blow out the crud and strip the metal of the protective oils/lubricants and rust/corrosion can occur later if you don't get oil back on those surfaces.)  It's about the only thing I use rem-oil for, getting some protective coating back on stripped metal.  I wipe off the excess if it's on parts I can wipe.  I use Mobil 1 to actually lubricate moving parts after the rem-oil is applied/excess wiped off.

I put a drop of oil on the firing pin return spring.  I put a drop of oil on both sides of the hammer, in the frame, where the hammer pin passes through it.  I put a drop of oil on the top of the trigger bar (both sides) against the frame where it moves when the trigger is pulled.  I put a drop of oil on each side of the sear so that it gets on the safety shaft (that supports/hold the sear cage in place in the frame).  I put a drop of oil on the piece/spring that holds the left side safety in the frame.  I put a drop of oil on the hammer where the hammer strut and pin are located (there at the back/rear of the hammer).  I turn the slide upside down and put a drop of oil on the firing pin block and then push it down/let it up 3 or 4 times to work the oil in/around the block.  I put a couple drops of oil on the hammer strut/spring.

I oil (a drop) the firing pin return spring.  I lot of people don't.  I've not had an issue oiling the firing pin in any gun I own/shoot in over 40 years.  We did it on M14's in the US Army (no firing pin return spring but we oiled the firing pin itself) and I've done it on a long list of Colt, Glock, XDM, Beretta, M&P, and CZ handguns (as well as the firing pins on a lot of AR15's, SIG 556R, etc) I regularly shoot/clean/lube).  You don't have to, but I mention it because I do it.

I also put a drop of oil between the extractor/frame at the rear of the extractor.  Again, some people don't lube there, but I do.  No issues so far.

Every time I clean/lube my CZ's I put a drop in the hole in the slide where the firing pin retaining pin is located.  My P07 gets carried regardless of the weather.  For 5 or 6 years I've sweated on it in the summer till it has sweated beaded up on it like rain water when I pull it out of the holster to let it dry.  I've carried in rainstorms when I got so wet I could have just jumped in the river and you couldn't tell the difference.  And when I drove that pin out a couple weeks ago to install a CGW pin the old pin didn't have a bit of rust on it.

I will admit to being a compulsive "over oiler."  I've never had a gun fail from my oil/lubrication technique.  I do not live in a dry dusty environment.  Lots of heat/humidity in the summer and cold/humidity in the winter.  Not much dust.

I will also admit to cleaning my guns more often than some people do.  I clean my carry guns (especially in the summer) a couple times a month even when I haven't shot them.  They get dirty just carrying them.  If it gets wet (sweat or rain) I dry it off, field strip it and wipe it down with an oil rag and then re-lube it/reload it for the next day.  The guns that don't get carried every day, but are kept loaded around the house get field stripped and wiped down/lubed a couple times a year (maybe more often, depends on what is going on - sometimes, when cleaning one gun I figure I might as well clean a couple/three).
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline boss281

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:50:26 AM »
Thanks M1A4ME.  I clean my rifles and pistols with a field strip after every range session, but until now, never had the "bug" to completely disassemble the CZ until I saw the package I described and the benefits it would provide.  My father was a firearms instructor in the US Army and had me field stripping at the age of 8, so it sort of stuck with me.  Anyhow, understanding where lubrication should be directed, other than the common sense on moving parts, was useful, and your post is very descriptive--thanks.

In the rifle community I've heard the Mobil One story over and over.  What the heck, I'll give it a try.  What weight and standard or synthetic?  Thanks again brother.
Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline GMSPCR

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:00:55 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BCC

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:14:16 AM »
Awesome diagram----thanks for posting that !!!
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline boss281

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 11:25:04 AM »
Yeah, nice diagram.  I just printed it and put it above the work table.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 08:46:58 PM »
GMSPCR, if you don't mind, I'd like to save that picture for future reference.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to the excellent diagram provided, I like to put a drop of lube on the main spring strut, on the sides of the trigger bar, and on the slide stop.

I use CGW's moly grease and lube the barrel lugs and the slide rails.  A small amount will do.  I then put a light coating of oil over the grease to cut it.  Usually with a qtip for both applications.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline GMSPCR

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
GMSPCR, if you don't mind, I'd like to save that picture for future reference.

Sure thing. I found it online somewhere. Don't remember where though. Might of been here, lol

Offline john seeley

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »
I just created a new one with a higher resolution illustration. I'm pretty good at this graphic stuff, but I'm not an expert with the CZ-75. Let me know if I missed coloring anything or if I should remove something. Thanks.

UPDATE 1: 2020-06-17: Just posted an EVEN HIGHER RESOLUTION image with some minor tweaks- with added logo. New illustration was pulled directly out of the latest CZ 75 manual. Alternate download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eue2anac5zji7tj/PartsDiagram.jpg?dl=0

UPDATE 2: 2020-06-17: THIS IS A NARROWER VERSION. It's the same as the image above except it's condensed horizontally for printing better on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. In the print settings, set to fit image to paper (or fit width to paper): Alternate download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqe4gyiehtsjfmy/PartsDiagramNarrow.jpg?dl=0

I typed-out the parts list for better clarity and I included some things that were missing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 02:04:40 PM by john seeley »

Offline boss281

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »
SWEET!!!!  I just printed this on the color Canon and it came out really well.  Thanks for doing this!

Just a note: as printed, the margins on the left (especially) and the rights are very close to the edge.  Is there any way to add maybe 3/8" to those side borders?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:55:47 PM by boss281 »

Offline john seeley

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 08:22:44 PM »
Sure. Give me some time and I'll add some white space.

OK.. I added the link below the illustration above. I know it's not exactly in the ratio of 8.5x11 but what I plan on doing is printing this on two 8.5x11's and tile it together or print it on a 11x17 at work.

Edit: What I ended-up doing was printing this on two 11" x 17"s and tiling/taping them together to make a 17" x 22" poster. Hanging on my wall now!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:05:54 PM by john seeley »

Offline john seeley

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 08:41:06 PM »
You're welcome. Please let me know if I should add or remove Lube points. I pretty much copied the other one and added a few common sense areas.

Offline boss281

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
John, the borders really help. Dang man, I may frame this it looks so good!  Wait, can we get this on a t-shirt?!?!?

Offline john seeley

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 07:54:03 PM »
I updated some details in the Parts Diagram in my previous post :)  Please let me know if I can adjust anything. I can do it easily and repost. Thx.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:45:48 PM by john seeley »