Author Topic: TSO has finally arrived  (Read 10637 times)

Offline George16

Re: TSO has finally arrived
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 05:14:21 PM »
That trigger is crazy light.  Even my TS Blue measured around 2.7 out of the box, and I already find that very light.

I really like it. It?s a little bit lighter compared to my shadow 2s SA which is about 1# 14.3 ozs now. I just ordered the 6SAO flat trigger and floating trigger pin from Cajun and it?ll be arriving on Monday.

By the way, the reset on the shadow 2 is now very short and the DA is very smooth after I installed the CGW Type 1 disconnector.

Offline Oleman

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 08:14:25 PM »
This is what I want next

Offline George16

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 09:26:41 PM »
This is what I want next

Buy one now while it?s still available in a few online stores. :D.

Offline George16

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »
I finally received the CZC red dot mount I ordered and installed it on my TSO today. I?m using a Romeo 1 and the stock TSO thumbrest with it.

Here are some pics.

Offline Oleman

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 06:37:05 PM »
This is what I want next

Buy one now while it?s still available in a few online stores. :D.
Will have to wait a while. I have picked a couple of other models this year already.

Offline George16

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 08:19:13 PM »
Also installed yesterday was the extended Shadow 2 safety on the TSO that I ordered from Robin Sebo?s website for the Czech Republic. It took 12 days for me to receive it and that was quick coming across the pond.

It was a perfect fit and dropped in without any modification at all.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:38:13 PM by George16 »

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 08:58:02 PM »
Also installed yesterday was the extended Shadow 2 safety on the TSO that I ordered from Robin Sebo?s website for the Czech Republic. It took 12 days for me to receive it and that was quick coming across the pond.

It was a perfect fit and dropped in without any modification at all.
Yep. I also installed one on my TS Blue.  It took a little but of fitting on the main safety 'lug' to smoothen out the engagement.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 08:45:16 PM »
I finally see what all you TSO owners are talking about. I finally bit the bullet and bought a TSO. It came in today and I picked it up from my FFL.

WOW! That trigger is unbelievable!  With my Lyman digital gauge it measures 1 lb 11 oz and it is very consistent, only varying about 2 tenths of an ounce at the most. Glassy smooth, with no creep, maybe 1/16" take up and then a sudden wall, and boom, it fires. Cycle the slide and you get maybe 1/8" reset and then another unbelievably crisp shot.

I thought my Shadow 2, Shadow Orange and P226 Sig SAO were pretty good, and they are, but this just blows them away, no comparison.

Plus it just feels so good in my hands. The Shadow 2 has a sort of "bump" in the backstrap that I didn't really notice before, but I do now.  The TSO feels just feels better and really fits the hand well, without that bump and is about as comfortable and as perfect as any gun I've ever owned.

I can't wait to take it to the range for it's first session.

Offline Jwryan84

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 11:00:30 PM »
I finally see what all you TSO owners are talking about. I finally bit the bullet and bought a TSO. It came in today and I picked it up from my FFL.

WOW! That trigger is unbelievable!  With my Lyman digital gauge it measures 1 lb 11 oz and it is very consistent, only varying about 2 tenths of an ounce at the most. Glassy smooth, with no creep, maybe 1/16" take up and then a sudden wall, and boom, it fires. Cycle the slide and you get maybe 1/8" reset and then another unbelievably crisp shot.

I thought my Shadow 2, Shadow Orange and P226 Sig SAO were pretty good, and they are, but this just blows them away, no comparison.

Plus it just feels so good in my hands. The Shadow 2 has a sort of "bump" in the backstrap that I didn't really notice before, but I do now.  The TSO feels just feels better and really fits the hand well, without that bump and is about as comfortable and as perfect as any gun I've ever owned.

Where did you fine a TSO at?  I'm looking and only seen them on gunbroker

Offline George16

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2018, 12:11:21 AM »

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the club. It?s truly a nice pistol and a joy to shoot. I shoot it more now than I do my shadow 2 or my other guns.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 11:20:27 PM »

Where did you fine a TSO at?  I'm looking and only seen them on gunbroker

I had been on the waiting list at about a half dozen gun shops for a few months. I was actually notified a couple of weeks ago and was in the process of filling out the payment and FFL information only to find out when I pressed the final "buy" button that I had been beaten out of it probably by seconds.
I just happened to be checking Gunbroker recently and found two sellers who were asking only a few dollars more than the lowest price I've seen at online shops, and I jumped on it. At $1599 it was about $80 to $100 higher than the lowest price I've seen, but since it's almost impossible to get one at that price any longer, I thought it's time to go ahead and buy. I generally stay away from Gunbroker, but sometimes it's necessary on hard to find firearms.
Since then all of the other TSOs for sale at that price have disappeared. There are still several at $1700-1800, but for me that was just too much. I realize they're in high demand but I refuse to be gouged that much.
Even though it cost me more than I wanted to spend, I feel that I didn't do too bad. Once you get one in your hands and feel that ultra smooth trigger, the few extra dollars are well worth it, or at least it was for me. That plus the aggravation of waiting for weeks and weeks only to find out you've been notified that it is in stock again but you didn't respond fast enough was enough to justify spending a little more to finally get one.   

Offline George16

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 08:21:22 AM »
Received my RHT holster for the TSO yesterday. Installed my home made hanger for it and it?s ready.

I had to file a little bit so it?ll fit with the thumb rest and mount installed.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 02:05:10 PM »
I'm getting a set of LOK "Bogies" grips for my TS Blue.  Matches are starting to move outside, which means my hands will start getting sweaty and those aluminum grips are going to get super-hot.  I wish I had the sharper front-back checkering like on the TSO and on the Shadow 2.  Don't know what I'm going to do for my S2 since I like the feel/contour of the Henning aluminum grips so much.  Might get another set of VZ Palm Swells since they aren't a thick as the LOK's and closer to the Hennings.

Offline George16

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
Have LOK shave off .1? off of the total thickness of the palm swell. That?s what I did when I ordered mine. I think the regular LOK palm swell are around 1.214?. If so, have him shave it down to 1.114? for better figment and feel on your hand.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
Might look into that for the LOK Shadow 2-cuit Palm Swells.

anything