Author Topic: SBR Question - Engraving Trust Name  (Read 3338 times)

Offline JCRocks

SBR Question - Engraving Trust Name
« on: March 27, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
Hello,

New to the forum and new to the BREN. I just took ownership of two: pistol and carbine. For the pistol, I tried the KAK / CZ adapter, but the loose tolerance left much to be desired. So, I've decided to SBR.

I'm thinking of using the Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust and Form 1 service. The single shot trust uses a trust name in this format: <MODEL> <SERIAL> Trust. Since the model is CZ BREN 805 S1 + serial + Trust, the engraving can get long.

Where on the BREN receiver is the engraving most often done? Is there a required location? This will be my first SBR.

Thanks -

Offline thehun

Re: SBR Question - Engraving Trust Name
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:19:40 AM »
I would say it would be on the left side of the upper receiver.

Offline JCRocks

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:23:18 AM »

If you don't have a place local to you that engraves, I recommend tarheelstate firearms.  They've engraved several of my things and are fast, and inexpensive.

Congtratulations.

Thank You very much for this information as this was going to be my next question. I feel a slight addiction coming on.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:56:32 AM by JCRocks »

Offline DDNC

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:02 PM »
Engrave on the large flat surface beneath the right or left front rail positions. Fully visible and on the receiver.

Offline i303

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 03:05:24 AM »
If you are using the one shot trust, the make, model, and ser number are already engraved. Just need the word "trust" and city, state.

How hard is ATF cracking down on this? Have never heard of one incident of failing to engrave.  But I recommend do it since it is required.  Noting in the CFR states it had to be all within a certain format. I use the term 'NFA TRUST"  with city and state.

Offline RAVENCROFT

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 01:48:29 AM »
If you still want to run it in pistol format (live around state borders or home state doesn't allow loaded long arms in vehicles) I can highly recommend the SBT805 brace. Its one of the best braces Ive ever felt. Feels way nicer than my Maxim Defense AR brace that cost almost five times as much.

Offline JCRocks

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 07:27:31 PM »
If you still want to run it in pistol format (live around state borders or home state doesn't allow loaded long arms in vehicles) I can highly recommend the SBT805 brace. Its one of the best braces Ive ever felt. Feels way nicer than my Maxim Defense AR brace that cost almost five times as much.

I tried the KAK adapter kit and TAILHOOK MOD 2 but it just didn't feel right. The whole assembly had a lot of play. So I got the SBT805 and bam, it's awesome. Having second thoughts about the SBR stamp.

The brace is very similar to my SBT EVO brace.

Offline JCRocks

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 07:07:39 PM »
Unbelievable - ATF cashed my check on May 2, 2018 and the stamp showed up today July 30, 2018. That's a total of 89 days to SBR my BREN.
 And I just recently purchased the SBT805 brace because I thought the wait was going to be very long.

Now for the engraving. Tarheel State Firearms was recommended.

Offline JCRocks

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »
Last item I had tarheel engrave for me, they got it on Friday evening, engraved it on Saturday evening and mailed back to me Monday.

They do really good work.

Taking your recommendation again, it's going out tomorrow. I think I want the engraving centered on the shelf just above the WARNING label. You can't see it looking from the side, only from the top. And since it's a single shot trust, it's just <SERIAL NUMBER> TRUST  CITY, ST.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Offline JCRocks

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 11:15:03 PM »
I took a picture and outlined the area I'd like the engraving. Even added the engraving in the picture so I think they'll get the idea.

anything