Author Topic: CGW Racehammer Install  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Tripp1

CGW Racehammer Install
« on: April 02, 2018, 05:40:00 PM »
Got my Racehammer Kit in the mail today and I forgot to order new hammer pins.  My bad.  This will be the second kit I have done, but had new pins for the first one. 

Q.  Am I able to reuse the hammer pins from the factory or do I need to order new ones?

Just hate to order $5 part and pay $8 shipping.  But will if I need.  Thank you for the reply.

Tripp

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: CGW Racehammer Install
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:31:39 PM »
IMO you?ll want the new hammer pins. To help save on shipping, maybe order some different cheap springs etc. that you may end up needing down the road anyways.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline MikeLW

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:09:33 PM »
I wish I would have got a new disconnector and strut too. I hate beating out the old parts to assemble with a new hammer. Then when I swapped the hammer back to OEM I had to beat it apart again.

Also, I wish I would have ordered a spare lifter spring. I haven't seen it in 6 months. I didn't even disassemble my sear cage (decocker) but it slipped out while transferring the slave pin. I think the lifter is the same, safety / decocker. So I bought a $3 spring and $8 shipping and $100 humility. They say humility is good but I digress.

Offline Tripp1

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:56:06 PM »
Ok.  I cry Uncle.  Ordered the new hammer pins.  I am not a gunsmith or a metal worker.  The last RH Install went great thanks to Youtube and this forum.  Thank you for the replies.