Author Topic: Why you can’t buy new model guns in CA  (Read 580 times)

Online bababoris

Why you can’t buy new model guns in CA
« on: April 05, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
And why the roster of guns you can is slowly shrinking.  Law based on technology that hasn’t been invented and might not be for decades....
Common sense gun laws.
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/More-than-a-decade-after-it-passed-California-12806379.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:34:06 PM by Grendel »

The Guardian

Re: Why you can’t buy new model guns in CA
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »
Interesting dilemma......Legislature creates a law the gun industry feasibly can not abide by, and then the gun industry has to prove the law to be unconstitutional.....in courts that are heavily anti-gun to begin with.  Really just sad.....may as well just scrap the entire political system in this country and just have the courts run everything, pretty much how it is anymore.......not saying that would at all be a good thing, but lets just move things along and get rid of the middle man (aka "law makers" at every level).......that being said, even everything a President tries to accomplish within his scope of responsibility finds its way to a "shop around" Judge somewhere........geezzzzz!  ::)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:38:21 PM by The Guardian »

Offline DeanD

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »
Just move the hell out the place like I did.  Viva Las Vegas! 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:16:33 PM by Grendel »

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:33:19 PM »
Just move the hell out the [redacted] place like I did.  Viva Las Vegas!

Keep your profanity to yourself. Only 1 warning.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=93887.0

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:16:58 PM by Grendel »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 04:20:19 PM »
I was in the PRK for 15 years and that roster just kept getting smaller. I think maybe one or two lawsuits where thrown at it but nothing could stop it.  If they got rid of that roster the gun industry would have a record boom of sale from Cali alone.

Love San Diego, hate California.

Offline zormpas

• Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    • Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
Commiefornia born and bred.

Now, I'm out as of last year.

I felt like a Jew fleeing Nazi Germany ca 1933!

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 10:30:10 AM »
What we need is a rash of Jury Nullification.  You sit on that jury where a state or local law is unconstitutional in your mind, vote innocent.  The Supreme Court is not the last and final word.  Jury nullification played a significant role in reversing their decision that Northern States had to return Southern property.  Humans, if you don't know what I'm referring to.

Offline frgood

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 03:07:57 PM »
The line (quoted),

"But Selfridge, the industry group’s lawyer, told the court that the incentive to develop such technology “is not what the Legislature orders to be done. ... The incentive is going to come from the market. If it’s possible to do this, it would have been done.”

Is more telling and is easily not noticed. In a free society, where individuals make their own choices, each citizen, as a consumer, would drive innovations by endorsing advances financially. Whether that be to purchase or not purchase products. From this perspective the subtext might be read the the California legislature (read Government) knows better what needed for the individual.

I can accept the counter argument that some regulations regarding the after effect of emissions is a concern that can be regulated.  The proviso is that the mandates are direct and solely in response to the specific environmental affectation. For example: Certain emissions are considered caustic. The regulations should  be directed toward the removal of the specific caustic emission. 

Now, in microstamping, the bill was introduced specifically as political maneuver the bypass 2A. The secondary argument, of the requirement for law enforcement, is not specific enough in my opinion. Since guns are used for far more than the negative social issues, it is not an effective solution to their specific problem. Also the police have not demonstrated any research (something Californian political academia demand) regarding the efficacy of micro-stamping.

The whole thing demonstrates the ridiculous notion of a single person simply screaming "There oughta' be a law for that" and the legislature doing it. Our fore fathers wanted deliberation. It used to be considered the civil and enlightened method that could elevate the human social condition. It was our founding principle when designing our government. Specifically to prevent what is happening in current times.   
It all sounded a lot funnier in my head.

anything