Author Topic: Help!! P01 Omega front sight replacement  (Read 1018 times)

Offline deaddixon

Help!! P01 Omega front sight replacement
« on: April 06, 2018, 01:29:57 PM »
I just purchased a new P01 Omega urban grey but when I got it home the front tritium sight was burnt out, I am trying to get CZ to send me out a new front sight. Can anyone tell me if the suppressor sights the Omega ships with will need to be drilled out when it comes? I am not having good luck with CZ about 2 weeks before getting the Omega I purchased a standard P01, I went to the range with it and I didn't even get it to fire one shot turns out the firing pin was broken out of the box. Cz said 6 to 8 weeks to repair it and wasn't going to send off a brand new firearm for that long but I got lucky and the store returned my money, I didn't get as lucky with the Omega this store isn't really willing to do anything for me so I am on my own to get this front sight replaced.

should I just replace both sights since I don't own a suppressor and don't plan on getting on anytime soon as the Hearing protection act is pretty much dead in the water. I am not total in love with the suppressor sights but didn't plan on replacing them right away either. This is my 1st experience with CZ and so far I am not impressed I have purchased a lot of firearms and never had one with a problem out of the box and I've had 2 CZ's with issues from 2 different stores.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Help!! P01 Omega front sight replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »
I've purchased a whole lot of firearms too and CZ is the one I've had the least problems with out of the box.
CZ has great customer service so give them a call and let your warranty take care of your issue.
Yes the replacement sight will need to be drilled.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 04:54:40 PM »
Sounds like you've been to the CZ USA website and know how to contact them about your sight problem.

My P01 Urban Gray front sight died a few months after I got it.  I contacted CZ USA, they sent me the return info in just a few hours, I boxed it up and FedEx'd it to them.  Took longer for it to get to them than it did for them to fix it and get it on it's way back to me.  No issues since.
'

Oh, I only shipped them the slide.  No frame, no barrel/recoil spring/spring guide.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline deaddixon

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 03:10:33 PM »
thanks for your replies, I have contacted CZ about it already CZ said they don't have the front sights in stock and it would 6 to 8 weeks if I shipped my P01 to them for repair if the parts were in stock which the front sights are back ordered so there is no telling how long it would take to get repaired. I was put on a shipping list so when they do come in they will send me the front sight but there was not time frame when they might get them back in stock, which is why I was considering just swapping out the sights all together. I was able to get to the range with it and the dead front sight was usable at the range but is useless in low light conditions. I just am trying to decide if makes since to to swap out the sights or keep them knowing I am not going to be getting a can anytime soon and If I do decide to swap out the sights what night sights does everyone recommend for the P01 I hear the XFO pros get mixed reviews and where does everyone recommend ordering from none of my local shops have CZ sights in store so I will be ordering them online from somewhere.
 thanks for everyone's help.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 09:02:57 PM »
If you are going to go with stock height sights you might give CGW a call.They can fix you up with some decent options.