Author Topic: Sights question  (Read 574 times)

Offline Everett J Smith

Sights question
« on: April 08, 2018, 01:16:51 AM »
I just ordered a CZ D PCR Compact , and I’m already thinking about changing out the sights to something like the  Dawson precision blacked out rear sight and something along the line of a Truglo TFO front. I am hoping I can get some feedback from you all as if you think this might be a good set up , or if I should rethink the Direction I am looking . Thank for any input you can give..

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Sights question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 06:33:15 AM »
I put the CZ-Custom short tac rear with a fiber optic front on mine. I like it real well. The set up works for me but sights are a personal preference and there are many good options too choose from.

Offline wts70mc

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »
I would just advise caution when buying a front and a rear separately. Getting that Point of aim, point of impact perfect can be tricky once you move past purchasing a complete set! “A Guy I know” has purchased the wrong rear...that didn’t match the front more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Everett J Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:43:19 PM »
I would just advise caution when buying a front and a rear separately. Getting that Point of aim, point of impact perfect can be tricky once you move past purchasing a complete set! “A Guy I know” has purchased the wrong rear...that didn’t match the front more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do like the idea of the Truglo tfx or tfo's in the fact that you have both night and day. Anyone use these?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline sniperboy

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »
Sights definitely are a personal preference... but I have been loyal to Dawson for years.  I like their design and more importantly love their no BS customer service.  They ridiculously (in a good way) provide near infinite possibilities on front sight heights and if you buy the from and rear set from them they will guarantee it will zero.

Offline Smac

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »
While I had my 97B slide in for the 1911 bushing mod, I had CGW install Dawson sights, adjustable rear and fiber optic front. I like them so far but have not been to the range yet to give them a try. Will give more info after my range trip.

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
I have the Tru-glo TFX Pro front sight with the following CZ Custom rear. Works great.
I got the specs on the front from Tru-Glo before ordering. The rear is the perfect height for the front. I did have to widen and deepen the rear notch

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/cz-rear-sights-all/cz-75-85-p01-rear-sights/cz75-h-tac-tritium-rear-sight.html

Offline DJK11

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »
I installed the Dawson front and OEM rear on my 75B.  That front is tiny for my old eyes to pickup.  Installed a set of TFX PRO and while they're not target sights their fantastic combat sights.  Good to about 25 yards before the bull is covered up from that large front dot.  It's good for me.

anything