Author Topic: CZ75 PCR Disassembly  (Read 2082 times)

Offline boutaswell

CZ75 PCR Disassembly
« on: April 10, 2018, 01:39:42 PM »
I was going to put this in the Gunsmithing topic but am hoping to get a speedy answer. 

I purchased an 'Old Style' trigger from CGW for my PCR. Never gone past simple breakdown for cleaning on the CZ but I've detail disassembled 1911s, Ruger Mark IIs, AR's and others so I'm not really a novice......but right now, I feel like I've never disassembled anything before.  It's a hell of a gun but I'll never tear one down again if I don't have to. 

Anyhow, got the old trigger out; I removed the trigger from the trigger bar because I couldn't get the trigger bar to release(or whatever). I really don't want to remove the Sear Cage to get the trigger bar out but I can't figure out why it won't release.

This is a decocker.  I don't know if the hammer is supposed to be fully forward to remove the trigger bar or what. Since I removed the trigger, I can no longer pull it to release the hammer, obviously. I've been trying to find one of those animated firing system vids that show the action of the firing system.  I'm thinking in order to release the hammer, pulling the trigger back pulls the trigger bar forward releasing the sear and thus the trigger.  Is that correct?

Like I said, I really don't want to remove the sear cage and create another can of worms.

Help!!!!
Richard
CZ 75D PCR 9mm /Ruger Mk II .22 /Colt Mustang XSP .380ACP /CORE AR15 5.56mm/Marlin 336 .30-.30

Offline boutaswell

Re: CZ75 PCR Disassembly
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
I can't believe no one has a comment about the disgrontificator being out of alignment or something at least.

Oh well......
Richard
CZ 75D PCR 9mm /Ruger Mk II .22 /Colt Mustang XSP .380ACP /CORE AR15 5.56mm/Marlin 336 .30-.30

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:21:30 PM »
Been awhile since I did my decockers, but IIRC, I had to remove the sear to get the trigger bar out.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:04:59 AM »
You have to remove the sear cage and get the trigger bar out.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:16:32 AM »
No way around this, and you'll need a slave pin or you'll really be sorry.

Offline benq

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »
No way around this, and you'll need a slave pin or you'll really be sorry.

If you are a novice gunsmith, I highly recommend removing the sear cage under/in some type of clear cover to catch any springs that decided to jump ship.  I have used a clear storage bin or a gallon zip lock bag in the past.

Good luck.

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 01:46:58 PM »
In my humble opinion, get thee the CGW floating trigger pin (if you don't have it already) the CGW starter punch and get the CZ Armors Manual for decockers.  Just remember, CGW has a lot of small parts they have developed over the years to make your PCR a better firearm. Don't be afraid to call them as well ask for advice from the forum members.

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 06:10:17 PM »
The sear cage must come out to change the trigger. However, if you use a slave pin to keep the sear cage in one piece, it actually is a pretty easy job. There is certainly no good reason to disassemble a D/C sear cage to change a trigger.

BTW, the CGW old style trigger was a great choice. I have that trigger in my P01 and one of my PCRs and love them. Also, since you will have the trigger bar out of the pistol, don't forget to polish it up. That will help to smooth out your trigger pull.

Best regards. 
Make America Great Again