Author Topic: If you love someone, let them go.  (Read 850 times)

Offline laxref

If you love someone, let them go.
« on: April 22, 2018, 01:55:09 PM »
 If they return, they were always yours.

Picked up this CZ75B Tactical in 2003.  Last one at Turners and a shelf display.  Handling marks, etc.  $489 plus fees and tax was too hard to say no.  A few weeks later I added some grips from Hakan Pek, a stainless guide rod, and Bud's had a sale on the .22LR Kadet Kit.

On the old forum way back then, I think I posted under the name "gunsnrovers", but I couldn't find the old emails I used.

Original kit traded away:

I liked it a lot and it shot great, but I have a handful of HiPowers and a nice P225.  The CZ sat in the safe and I traded it away a couple of years later to fund another project.

Years went by and I regretted selling it, but I didn't want to ask my friend to sell it back to me.  Late last year he mentioned some kit of mine that he wanted to buy and a trade was set.  She's back in my hands and this time I won't be letting her go.

In 2003, aftermarket bits and pieces wasn't quite what it is today. Some shopping last week brought me a CZ97 trigger, floating trigger pin, reduced power trigger return spring, and a fiber optic front sight. I wish someone made a simple black blade sight to replace the original that had a similar profile, but in the meantime I just blacked out the rear dots to give me the sight picture I prefer. While parts were replaced, some internal polishing was also done.

After some work in the garage today:

Will hit the range this week, but dry firing single and double is much improved.  Trigger is more comfortable too.
 Hoping the new trigger and return spring reduce some of the pain I was experiencing in it's stock form.

Only question for the hive is how strong should retention be on the floating firing pin.  Finger pressure is enough to push it either direction.  I thought the spring coil would capture it, but it seems to easily roll past the pin shoulder.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:14:07 AM by laxref »
- Jeff

To absent friends and those at sea.

Offline SP01bob

Re: If you love someone, let them go.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »
What is the red front sight you put on it. Beauty of a 75!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline laxref

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:05:48 PM »
Cajun Gun Works replacement that matches OEM height.
- Jeff

To absent friends and those at sea.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »
You can fill the sight pits in with a good enamel black paint.
Looks good!
"1776" - Part II