Author Topic: 75b and reduced power return spring  (Read 1622 times)

Offline laxref

75b and reduced power return spring
« on: April 22, 2018, 02:13:32 PM »
Have an older 75B Tactical.  Tigger bite and a bit of slap on the return was getting irritating so I swapped out for a 97 trigger, a reduced power return spring, and the floating trigger pin.

How much retention should the return spring put on the floating pin?  Seems like a little pressure with my finger nail is enough to push the shoulder of the pin past the spring coil.  Should it be that easy to move?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:36:41 PM by laxref »
- Jeff

To absent friends and those at sea.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: 75b and reduced power return spring
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »
Under normal use the pin will never come out. That's the way they fit.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »
The spring tang has a lot of pressure holding the floating pin in place securely.
Yes the pin can move a specific distance fairly easily,  but only the width of the slot the spring tang rides in.
It won't fall out.  As long as the tempered steel pin tang is in the slot  even with no pressure,  the pin can't move "sideways"
Hope this makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:55:43 PM by 1SOW »

Offline laxref

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 03:40:05 PM »
Thanks.  I had to go back to the OEM return spring.  The reduced power spring was too light.  With the reduced power spring, the trigger almost reluctant to return.  If I rode the trigger even a little, it would hang up.
- Jeff

Offline SoCal

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »
You might try polishing every thing up and see if that allows the trigger to return faster.  I have reduced return springs in both my 75B and SP-01 and they work great.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:11:51 PM by SoCal »
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline laxref

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 08:53:25 PM »
Good call on the polishing.  It was hard to notice on the 97 stainless trigger, but it was hanging up a little on the frame.  When I took it out and looked at it under better lighting I could see the marks.  A few quick hits with 400grit paper and a light polish and all is well.  Reduced power spring working as expected.
- Jeff

Offline SoCal

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 09:19:47 AM »
Glad it worked  :)
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.