Author Topic: New Shadow 1 & 2 Reach Reduction Kits  (Read 15105 times)

Offline baldrage

Re: New Shadow 1 & 2 Reach Reduction Kits
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 02:10:45 PM »
Which RRK for the SP01 Shadow (not Shadow 2)?  This new 75810 or the old RRK-D/C?

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
Ordered.  Hope they still have stock when they come to mine.

Offline NSTIGATR

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2018, 07:59:22 PM »
Ordered.  Hope they still have stock when they come to mine.

It showed 100 in stock when I placed my order yesterday.   It currently shows 88 in stock.  I think you're good. 
"Peace, through superior firepower."

Offline schmeky

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2018, 07:56:26 AM »
baldrage,

The 75850 will work in the Shadow 1, but may require slightly more fitting.  We have not checked the 75850 in a Shadow 1, but we will this coming week since we have some to build for customers.

We can give you an update then on how it works out.

Offline baldrage

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »
baldrage,

The 75850 will work in the Shadow 1, but may require slightly more fitting.  We have not checked the 75850 in a Shadow 1, but we will this coming week since we have some to build for customers.

We can give you an update then on how it works out.

Copy - thanks, David!  I will be standing by for your update.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:15 PM »
Received mine today and installed......

Couple things, and I wonder if it's a matter of doing some fitting.

a) there is basically no need for an over travel adjustment screw, as any bit of it doesn't allow the hammer to fall at the end of the DA pull.

b) I tried out the included new disconnector with my SAO trigger.  Like with the DA/SA trigger it cut the SA takeup to near zero which is sweet.  But....we all know there is a half-cock to the hammer.  With this disconnector in, there's also a '3/4' cock a little farther than half but before fully (and only when the hammer is cocked without trigger depressed), and from there there's nothing that can be done....no trigger pull or safety, but it can be fully cocked ands all works fine.  Is this 'normal'?

Still haven't decided whether I want to keep it with the new RRK in DA/SA, or just go back to SAO with this disconnector in.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:49:24 PM by MoRivera »

Offline NSTIGATR

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:57 AM »
Mine came in the mail today for my shadow 2.   Got it installed tonight.  Took about forty five minutes of hand fitting the Disco.   Fit and function is perfect.   The DA location of the trigger is perfect.  SA take up is almost totally eliminated. 

My current mods include:

CGW RRK
Reduced Power TRS
Floating trigger pin
11.5#  hammer spring
Extended firing pin
Softer firing pin spring
11# recoil spring
LOK Bogie grips
Polished everything on the inside. 

My question, would I see an added benefit of purchasing and installing a CGW competition hammer?  I shoot uspsa production with this gun.
"Peace, through superior firepower."

Offline Lance Boyle

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 01:00:04 AM »
Mine arrived today too. 

I didn?t adjust the disconnect or at all. 

The at rest DA location was a very modest improvement.  Any more on the upper set screw and you lose the DA reset.  I truly wish it did more for the DA rest position.   

I guess there is only so much to be gained in working with the pistol?s design.  Great grip shape for smaller hands but trigger reach is fubar. The kit does help some.  It?s workable off the hammer half safety step. 

Thinning of the disco would only make it worse right?   
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:07:37 PM by Lance Boyle »

Offline George16

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 03:25:11 PM »
Just got back from the range shooting a couple hundred rounds after installing the RRK. To me, there wasn?t a significant change from my old setup of a fitted T1 disco and modified(straightened out) recurve trigger. Since I already have the old 85C trigger which is part of the RRK, all I ordered was the? shadow specific disco. I have to do some minor fitting to enable the SA to reset properly. The static distance of the trigger relat?ive to the rear of the trigger guard between the fitted T1 and RRK disco was the same. Actually, I like the more straight profile of my modified trigger than the old 85c trigger. Difference in reset was very minor with the RRK disco having the advantage.
 ?
The screw hole hole for the pretravel screw doesn?t have a lot of material for the screw to enable the loctite ?glue? into it to keep the pretravel screw from backing out and preventing the DA from resetting. It happened to me a few times earlier even with the loctite curing for 24 hours. The trigger area where the pretravel screw is located at is very thin. I wish it was a little bit thicker so there will be more threads for the pretravel screw to ?bite? into. There?s only about two threads contacting the screw itself. I wish that area is as thick as the area where ?the pretravel screw is on SA triggers.

Old 85c trigger on the left, my modified recurve trigger on the right side.

I removed the old style 85c trigger and reinstalled my modified trigger. I?ll be heating and straightening out the old style 85C trigger to have the same curve or profile like the SA curved strait trigger. It just feel better on my trigger finger. My modified trigger?s static location is 2mm more towards the rear compared to the old style 85C because of the different curve/profile.

Trigger pull weights after installing the RRK disco.
DA

SA

I'm using an 11.5# black CGW main spring with 10# recoil spring.?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:27:18 PM by George16 »

Offline Mercs

New Shadow 1 & 2 Reach Reduction Kits
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 04:50:55 PM »
Just got back from the range shooting a couple hundred rounds after installing the RRK. To me, there wasn?t a significant change from my old setup of a fitted T1 disco and modified(straightened out) recurve trigger. Since I already have the old 85C trigger which is part of the RRK, all I ordered was the? shadow specific disco. I have to do some minor fitting to enable the SA to reset properly. The static distance of the trigger relat?ive to the rear of the trigger guard between the fitted T1 and RRK disco was the same. Actually, I like the more straight profile of my modified trigger than the old 85c trigger. Difference in reset was very minor with the RRK disco having the advantage.
 ?
The screw hole hole for the pretravel screw doesn?t have a lot of material for the screw to enable the loctite ?glue? into it to keep the pretravel screw from backing out and preventing the DA from resetting. It happened to me a few times earlier even with the loctite curing for 24 hours. The trigger area where the pretravel screw is located at is very thin. I wish it was a little bit thicker so there will be more threads for the pretravel screw to ?bite? into. There?s only about two threads contacting the screw itself. I wish that area is as thick as the area where ?the pretravel screw is on SA triggers.

I removed the old style 85c trigger and reinstalled my modified trigger. I?ll be heating and straightening out the old style 85C trigger to have the same curve or profile like the SA curved strait trigger. It just feel better on my trigger finger. My modified trigger?s static location is 2mm more towards the rear compared to the old style 85C because of the different curve/profile.

DA

SA

Thx for the report. Those trigger pull weights are money btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MHOP987

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »
Anybody have a before and after photo to compare the difference?

Offline Mercs

New Shadow 1 & 2 Reach Reduction Kits
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 01:55:26 PM »
Anybody have a before and after photo to compare the difference?
This before/after photo overlay was provided by toddm from BE. He did a nice job with this

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:59:00 PM by Mercs »

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2018, 07:05:15 AM »
I wish I had that kind of luck with my kit!  Haven't seen the result even with different triggers installed.

I may put in the T1 disco kit and let the screws do the talking with the supplied trigger.

Offline Mercs

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2018, 03:07:40 PM »
 ?

DA

SA

Concerning the top set screw, that?s a problem. If you really are sure of where you want it, I wonder if you can tack the back of the set screw in there with a tiny amount of silver solder. If ever you needed to get it back out, just heat it up while using pliers to hold the Allen and back it out. In theory...

Offline George16

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »
I finally figured out the setscrew dilemma. Since I have a bunch of those little set screws form my rc trucks parts bin, I look for an m3 x 4 and cut down the length to about 3mm so the trigger return spring end ?rests? on the set screw preventing it from moving. I also put red loctite on it. If I ever I have to remove it, all I have to do is heat it up with my soldering iron to loosen the grip of the red loctite.