Author Topic: Best after market trigger for P10C?  (Read 8940 times)

Offline niblerrn

Best after market trigger for P10C?
« on: April 25, 2018, 04:03:26 PM »
I've put the HBI gen1 trigger in my P10C's and like how them perform.  With my match reloads, which are 128,000 PF, I have no issues whatsoever when shooting 300-500 rounds.  When it's time for quals and we have to use the Federal 147 grain duty ammo, I walk away with a fair size blood blister on my trigger finger after about 100 rounds. 
It looks like there's several options for aftermarket triggers now and I was just wondering what peoples experiences were.  It would be nice if I could find a trigger that didn't pinch the trigger finger with hot loads.
Nick
Nick

Offline fflmike

• Retired but FFL
    • Greenlawn Sports
Re: Best after market trigger for P10C?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:29:15 PM »
I've put the HBI gen1 trigger in my P10C's and like how them perform.  With my match reloads, which are 128,000 PF, I have no issues whatsoever when shooting 300-500 rounds.  When it's time for quals and we have to use the Federal 147 grain duty ammo, I walk away with a fair size blood blister on my trigger finger after about 100 rounds. 
It looks like there's several options for aftermarket triggers now and I was just wondering what peoples experiences were.  It would be nice if I could find a trigger that didn't pinch the trigger finger with hot loads.
I have the HBi 2nd generation and I love it.  I have not noticed any finger pinch with it, but I am not shooting 147 out of it.  Since I got mine CGW came out with their P10c trigger and lots of folks love that one too.
I remember when "Common Sense" was common.  I must really be old!

Offline Marshalbob

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
What is the difference between gen 1 and gen 2 triggers?

thanks
bob

Offline r1dramma

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:40:17 PM »
What is the difference between gen 1 and gen 2 triggers?

thanks
bob
Blue is gen 1 it has lil fangs at the bottom of the trigger, gold is gen 2 no fangs!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 07:53:45 PM »
I have the Gen 1 HBI trigger on mine and love it.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline sparkyv

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 09:14:01 PM »
That's a nice pair of P-10s!
Μολὼν λαβέ
NRA Life Member

Offline benhar

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »
Haven?t had a chance to shoot with my HBi installed yet, but so far it?s very comfortable and their customer service is top notch.

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »
I have a HBI gen 2 trigger in my P10 and really like it. I thought that I could live with the factory trigger, but I got tried of the slight irritation in my finger after I shot my P10. I wish now I had gotten the HBI trigger sooner. Although I am glad that mine is a Gen 2. 
Make America Great Again

Offline niblerrn

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 05:01:18 PM »
Great, thanks for the info guys.  Looks like I'll try the gen 2.
Nick

Offline kma!

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
Love my gen 2 hbi

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »
I have the cgw trigger and it?s very comfortable.  Wish they had low power striker springs.

Offline jimmyj321

• Life without Liberty is only existing!!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 12:24:44 AM »
Just added the HK trigger and 3 # spring to my new P10c. Also have the SS recoil guide rod and spring and hardened CGW firing pin. Tried to install a new steel disassembly plate retainer and spring. I could not get the disassembly plate to go back in. Finally put the old retainer and spring back in. The steel one may be slightly larger. The old one went right back in. I will have to scratch and think on this some more. The new trigger  feels much better. I have big hands and short fingers and I had to reach with an unnatural grip to get a straight pull on the stock trigger. The stock trigger felt like it popped and would then start moving. I realized i was actually pulling at an angle. When I moved my hand forward so my finger could pull straight back this did not happen. The new trigger does not do this and it is easier to grip and pull straight back. Plan on going to range and put another couple of hundred down range. The first couple of hundred were uncomfortable. No issues with the firearm other than the trigger. Will report back.

anything