Author Topic: My new BREN 805.  (Read 2192 times)

Offline romukom

My new BREN 805.
« on: April 28, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »
Well, I finally was able to get a BREN 805 my self.  I haven't had the chance to take it to the range yet.  However, I want to show you that this one is not too common.  Well, I got a Factory Komifornia Kompliant Bren. 

Yep, now CZ is trying to reach the Left coast market.  Why not!...  If I would try to get one from a Free state, I have to send it to a CA friendly FFL middle man to make it compliant.  And of course not everyone out of CA understand all the non senses laws.  In any case, it is additional expense.  So at the end, I would have spent the same regardless that got a CA  factory version or not.   Because a LGS had them in stock, I decided it was time to get one.

First thing, I noticed the part number.  it is not listed in CZ-usa web

Then it came in this long box unlike the normal cardboard cut insert type.  The reason, we can't have collapsed and/or folding stock.

Now here is what got my attention.  A nice well padded rifle bag!  I guess CZ threw a bone at us in KA to justify the additional cost.

And here is another surprised! A gen 1 folding stock that is pinned.  Yep, it started to grow on me.  The bonus if I decided to Cerakote the upper receiver grey.  It would be pretty close when CZ submitted the BREN 805 for trials for the Czech Military.
So, here it is with the hideous grip wrap to make it featureless.  Who ever made this for CZ did a decent job.  The only thing I did not like was the rounded shape.  I already popped the rivets and I am in the process in making my own with Chicago screws so that I can take it out if I get a chance to go a free state range.

One thing about the stock, it can be taken out as the GEN 2 but I also found out that I can take the rear most portion out by pressing the button 1/4" and slide it up.  The end cap insert, can be taken out as normal. Pressing it 1/2" and slide it down.  I found that by accident!.

So here it is with two Pmags 10 round magazines!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:41:03 PM by romukom »

Offline mikec

Re: My new BREN 805.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 01:25:40 PM »
Man, that looks seriously messed up!  So basically a flap so the rifle is not usable with a pistol grip, but grip is still there?

Offline romukom

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 03:24:48 PM »
Ye,, the grip it's sort of there.  With some grip tape or stipling you can still have enough "grip".  You are also start to use more your support hand to better grip the rifle. The choice is to have it featureless or fixed magazine or worst registered as  AW if you got a semi auto rifle between 1994 to 2016. To remove the fixed magazine you have to open the receiver.  Yep, if you think that gun laws are good from where you live; better watch it. They will try to ban everything.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:50:53 PM by romukom »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 01:37:28 AM »
Glad you got one, even if in that configuration - is still BREN. :) When you move you can convert it.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 07:18:40 AM »
Nice Bren!  Sorry, you had to(fix) it.

Offline romukom

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 09:32:32 AM »
No worries, this what we have to do to stay out of trouble while keeping on fighting.
This is what I am looking if I ever decided to cerakote the upper.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline BKmetz

• I'm 100% Slavic so CZ works for me.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 02:28:01 AM »
No worries, this what we have to do to stay out of trouble while keeping on fighting. This is what I am looking if I ever decided to cerakote the upper.

This is the look I'm going for with my Bren. I choose cobalt cerakote which is a darker grey than the CZ grey.

:)
You can always tell a Slovak, but you can't tell him much. Just ask my wife. ;)

anything