Author Topic: I Joined the Club!  (Read 667 times)

Offline kenjazz59

I Joined the Club!
« on: May 01, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »
I got my used 97B last week and have about 500 rounds through it.  The PO installed night sights and supplied both aluminum and rubber grips. I like the rubber much better.  I have long fingers and the gun fits my hand better than my SP-01 with Hogue fingered grips. It's has less felt recoil than my Kimber TEL and just as accurate.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Offline Rickytick

Re: I Joined the Club!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »
Nice looking collection. Welcome from Oklahoma.

Offline KME

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 03:25:09 AM »
Congratulations and welcome.

The 97B does not get anywhere near the same level of attention as the 75B series but it is equally deserving of high praise.

Offline kenjazz59

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »
Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Offline SpikesBabyEagle

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »
Anyone know where to find a set of 97 rubber grips? They are sold out everywhere! CZC, CZ-USA, CGW, Midway etc...

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 11:04:33 AM »
Why rubber grips?  Have you tried G10 grips from LOK or VZ? 

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline SpikesBabyEagle

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
Why rubber grips?  Have you tried G10 grips from LOK or VZ? 

No, I am actually still waiting to get mine out of jail! But from reading extensively on here, grips with swells really helps alleviate the 2x4 grip.  And the Gen II rubbers, despite not having a swell, are the most comfy other than say the pricey Nills.  I am also trying to get a pair of G10 swells from DaveB at the moment. Its a shame our options on the 97 are so limited.

I take it you a fan of the flat G10's from LOK or VZ?

Offline rich63

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »
Anyone know where to find a set of 97 rubber grips? They are sold out everywhere! CZC, CZ-USA, CGW, Midway etc...

Cajun Gun Works has them in stock.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/19119-full-size-oem-rubber-grips-97bbd/

rich63

Offline SpikesBabyEagle

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 09:22:41 PM »

rich63

Thanks! Looks like they just restocked... order completed.

I am waiting to hear back from DaveB about getting G10 w/ swells but LOK will be my back-up.  Maybe one day I'll splurge for the Nills after an "E" conversion  ;D

Offline rich63

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »

rich63

I am waiting to hear back from DaveB about getting G10 w/ swells but LOK will be my back-up.  Maybe one day I'll splurge for the Nills after an "E" conversion  ;D

You are most welcome. When I got my 97 BD"e" from CGW I had ordered a set of rubber grips from them. Although they are grippy and felt good in the hand, these rubber grips were just not for me. I had seen some where, and I forget now, someone had put a Hogue grip on the 97.  I put a set on my 97 and they are perfect for me. If you decide to go this route, you must sand off the panels on each side to get the magazines to drop free. Also, you must heat the grip and stretch it to fit. When heating the grip only heat the in the middle. Be careful the Hogue grip rips easily.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hogue-Grip-For-CZ-75B-CZ-Shadow-2-CZ-SP-01-Witness-TZ-75-Springfield-P9-75000/112319119326?epid=710116531&hash=item1a26bdbfde:g:248AAOSwB-1YngOg:sc:USPSFirstClass!16101!US!-1

Here is a pic of the Hogue grip installed on my 97. Unfortunately, I only have the one pic.

rich63

Offline EDCzechnology

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:08 PM »
Congrats man!

Offline SpikesBabyEagle

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »

rich63

You are most welcome. When I got my 97 BD"e" from CGW I had ordered a set of rubber grips from them. Although they are grippy and felt good in the hand, these rubber grips were just not for me. I had seen some where, and I forget now, someone had put a Hogue grip on the 97.  I put a set on my 97 and they are perfect for me. If you decide to go this route, you must sand off the panels on each side to get the magazines to drop free. Also, you must heat the grip and stretch it to fit. When heating the grip only heat the in the middle. Be careful the Hogue grip rips easily.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hogue-Grip-For-CZ-75B-CZ-Shadow-2-CZ-SP-01-Witness-TZ-75-Springfield-P9-75000/112319119326?epid=710116531&hash=item1a26bdbfde:g:248AAOSwB-1YngOg:sc:USPSFirstClass!16101!US!-1

Here is a pic of the Hogue grip installed on my 97. Unfortunately, I only have the one pic.

rich63

Shes a beauty! I can't wait to get mine looking like that, race hammer and the whole works!

Question: Any reason I see most 97 owners do the full upgrade to the "E" but leave it as DA? I would imagine most would go straight-trigger and SAO.  Still trying to figure out which route I want to go, would rather only send my baby to CGW for 2 months just the 1-time.  Also need to consider cerakote options too  ;D ??? O0

anything