Author Topic: PO-1 @ The Range  (Read 429 times)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

PO-1 @ The Range
« on: May 02, 2018, 01:23:06 AM »
Got over to the range on Monday Night for a bit and wanted to see where my laser was hitting at 50FT. So set up a makeshift rest and sent a few rounds down range. I was impressed with the results to say the least ! I know CZs shoot good but this is above and beyond I would say. I was trying my best and got decent results,,a few flyers/rounds dropped but not sure if it was me or the ammo cuz I doubt it was the gun,,LOL  Anyways I was shooting some Xtreme 135s which I LOVE through all my CZs and they always shoot good. I believe its cuz they are .356 diameter,most .356 bullets shoot better for me than .355s. I only put about 150 rds total through my 01 and only about 40 through my 07 but had fun just the same. Here is the pic from my best target @ distance.

Here is just the target by itself:

Its a 10 shot group & that's 6 rds in the same hole ! The 4 I dropped were just me I'm sure. Also this is one of the all Steel from CGW with the full Pro-Pak and BBL bushing,,,I'm sure that does help !  ;)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: PO-1 @ The Range
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »
Having a good shooting pistol is a nice thing.  And with steel/tula ammo??  Nice.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
Having a good shooting pistol is a nice thing.  And with steel/tula ammo??  Nice.

No the ammo was my reloads (brass cased) & the gun was one of the all steel PO-1s that Cajun Gun Works had for sale earlier this year.  :)  I will try it again and see if I can get them all in one group !

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 01:50:55 PM »
Looking good... I had a similar experience last weekend with my 41. I like those grips you've got :D
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:55:38 PM »
Oh.  Tula small pistol primers.  I saw the Tula and assumed steel cased ammo.  I remember what the nice Drill Sgt. told us about assuming back in 1975, but I still do it, sometimes.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline PistolShooter

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 07:24:36 PM »
Very nice target

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »
you reload a very clean and nice looking bullet sir.
That is something I am impressed by. Nicely played.

Nice choice of handguns as well, the P-01 is a fine weapon.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline dave19113

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Got over to the range on Monday Night for a bit and wanted to see where my laser was hitting at 50FT. So set up a makeshift rest and sent a few rounds down range. I was impressed with the results to say the least ! I know CZs shoot good but this is above and beyond I would say. I was trying my best and got decent results,,a few flyers/rounds dropped but not sure if it was me or the ammo cuz I doubt it was the gun,,LOL  Anyways I was shooting some Xtreme 135s which I LOVE through all my CZs and they always shoot good. I believe its cuz they are .356 diameter,most .356 bullets shoot better for me than .355s. I only put about 150 rds total through my 01 and only about 40 through my 07 but had fun just the same. Here is the pic from my best target @ distance.

Here is just the target by itself:

Its a 10 shot group & that's 6 rds in the same hole ! The 4 I dropped were just me I'm sure. Also this is one of the all Steel from CGW with the full Pro-Pak and BBL bushing,,,I'm sure that does help !  ;)

The gun is a shooter for sure.... Love those grips, it looks really sharp.