Author Topic: What weapon mounted light did you choose and how did you mount it?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline JConnor93

I'm thinking of a IWC Thorntail mount with a surefire scout series light. It'd be set on the left because I set my charging handle to the right as I chewed up my knuckle charging the rifle with my Aimpoint PRO knob.

Pics would be appreciated!

Offline jagular

What weapon mounted light did you choose and how did you mount it?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 08:47:53 AM »
I just went through this. I upgrade my side panels to Midwest industries mlok ones with a built in QD cup, mounted an aluminum 7 slot rail and then when installed a Haley Stratrgic model Inforce light at 9 o?clock. I haven?t shot it yet but I can see that due to the short fore end, there isn?t much room for my hand. Overall, I think this will likely be an issue for most unless you go with a 10-2 location and tape switch. I might have to look at offset mounts and a different light.

If you google it, you?ll see far more images than this forum will provide.

Offline Millerti87

I added the KNS precision picatiny rails, then used a Haley Strategic SBR mount with a Streamlight Protac 2 (I?m pretty sure its a 2), and mounted the light on the ejection side top corner then added the pressure switch to the rail behind the sight.

I?m not sure if I can post pictures yet (Hopefully I can post links), but link to pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/H9zpONi

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Me cheap. Me have Surefire G2 Nitrolon in cheap WalMart $25 flashlight mount left side next to VFG. It works.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:13:10 AM by armoredman »

Offline marcoc

Used what I had in my stash...an Insight Tech M6x with a pressure switch (on other side rail) mounted on a 90 degree offset mount on the side rail. Haven't tried firing it with the light/laser combo mounted but the laser should hold zero.

Offline RSR

My favorite rail mount light for HD needs is the streamlight rail mount 1.  CR123A or AA battery and comes in package w/ pressure switch, etc, for around $100.  I see no need for more lumens indoors or w/in 100 yards or so outdoors, including w/ red or green light filters on the light.

I'd go w/ Mlok rail panels and then one of the Mlok 45* scout mounts and mount on side opposite strong hand.  I like the pressure switch at 12-2:30 oclock near support hand thumb.

The route here puts light in similar position, but puts pressure switch to support hand fingers: http://www.recoilweb.com/cz-805-bren-s1-first-impressions-78905.html