Author Topic: 100 yd Indoor Range  (Read 403 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

100 yd Indoor Range
« on: May 13, 2018, 02:38:34 AM »
There is a range that has been around a year or so in Salt Lake called TNT. They have an indoor clay pigeon range, 25 yard indoor pistol range, and a bunch of 100 yard indoor personal ranges. They also have a grill called .357.

I went once and tried their pistol range. It was nice. But they don’t allow drawing from a holster and it’s $15 a time.

But... they are open until 10pm on weeknights and 12pm on Friday’s and Saturday’s. After a long day of helping around the house and getting the kids down I decided it was finally time to take advantage of the late hours and the 100 yard range. So I packed up for an adventure.

Yup... these are tunnels. The light moves along with the target. You have your own room. While it is pretty awesome the lighting was making it a little tricky. Then there was the sound when the gun is fired. The echo took some getting used, but it was neat! I had plugs and muffs on, and I don’t think there’s any other way to shoot in a place like that.

I was shooting 5 of my 7 CZ’s just working on seeing my sights and maintaining my grip through the trigger pull and then reset. Nothing special at 15 yards. Then I picked up my SP-01 Compact with the red dot and tried 4 shots one handed at a bullseye target at 25 yards. 3 hit the 10 so I decided I would try Joe’s game.

A new target out to 25 yards. 2 mags with 5 rounds each. Bang ten times.

A 93-1X if I am reading that correctly... I’ve done better groups with two hands, but one handed was new to me.

Am I scoring correctly? Is that good having never practiced one handed bullseye? Normally I’d just measure and 5 1/8” wouldn’t make me super stoked...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:41:17 AM by Scarlett Pistol »
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Earl Keese

Re: 100 yd Indoor Range
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 06:55:28 AM »
There is a range that has been around a year or so in Salt Lake called TNT. They have an indoor clay pigeon range, 25 yard indoor pistol range, and a bunch of 100 yard indoor personal ranges. They also have a grill called .357.

I went once and tried their pistol range. It was nice. But they don’t allow drawing from a holster and it’s $15 a time.

But... they are open until 10pm on weeknights and 12pm on Friday’s and Saturday’s. After a long day of helping around the house and getting the kids down I decided it was finally time to take advantage of the late hours and the 100 yard range. So I packed up for an adventure.

Yup... these are tunnels. The light moves along with the target. You have your own room. While it is pretty awesome the lighting was making it a little tricky. Then there was the sound when the gun is fired. The echo took some getting used, but it was neat! I had plugs and muffs on, and I don’t think there’s any other way to shoot in a place like that.

I was shooting 5 of my 7 CZ’s just working on seeing my sights and maintaining my grip through the trigger pull and then reset. Nothing special at 15 yards. Then I picked up my SP-01 Compact with the red dot and tried 4 shots one handed at a bullseye target at 25 yards. 3 hit the 10 so I decided I would try Joe’s game.

A new target out to 25 yards. 2 mags with 5 rounds each. Bang ten times.

A 93-1X if I am reading that correctly... I’ve done better groups with two hands, but one handed was new to me.

Am I scoring correctly? Is that good having never practiced one handed bullseye? Normally I’d just measure and 5 1/8” wouldn’t make me super stoked...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure Joe and Boris will chime in, but I'd say that's a nice group for a first time one handed! My club cancelled its bullseye matches so I haven't practiced at all this year. After some encouraging results, I found bullseye shooting to get harder the more I did it. Skeet shooting was the same for me, I did extremely well at it to start with and then I started thinking about what I was doing. . .

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 08:26:03 AM »
Looking good! Seems like a very cool range and $15 would be a bargain around here.
75 P-01 Compact 41
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »

I'm sure Joe and Boris will chime in, but I'd say that's a nice group for a first time one handed! My club cancelled its bullseye matches so I haven't practiced at all this year. After some encouraging results, I found bullseye shooting to get harder the more I did it. Skeet shooting was the same for me, I did extremely well at it to start with and then I started thinking about what I was doing. . .

Ahh yes, Boris is our other resident bullseye shooter. I’ll be curious what those two may say or advise. Well thanks! Ironically I have found working on drills for practical shooting get me more in the groove for callin my shot and doing better long distance. The days I try two handed accuracy first I do worse. I feel ya though on trying and going backwards.

Looking good! Seems like a very cool range and $15 would be a bargain around here.

My normal range is $10 and still pretty nice. I guess I’m spoiled because this isn’t the first time I’ve heard of higher prices around the country.

Offline miller_man

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »
Wow, that's pretty neat. Different with the tunnels - bet that lighting does get a little weird.

Yes, that's a 93 1x by my figuring - Good shooting!
List of guns here?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
Wow, that's pretty neat. Different with the tunnels - bet that lighting does get a little weird.

Yes, that's a 93 1x by my figuring - Good shooting!

It’s a pretty awesome option for sighing rifles in the winter. I want to try the indoor clay pigeon range next winter.

Thanks!

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:56 AM »
Not bad for a first time at all. Keep practicing!
As for shots leaning to the left, try to put your trigger finger deeper. This will move group to the right a bit if you are right handed.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 12:22:37 PM »
Not bad for a first time at all. Keep practicing!
As for shots leaning to the left, try to put your trigger finger deeper. This will move group to the right a bit if you are right handed.

Thanks! I will definitely put your advice to work.

Offline 9mmCZ

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:13 PM »
Wish they had one around here, nice shooting!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 10:03:28 AM »
Wish they had one around here, nice shooting!

I’m curious to see if more if these pop up around the country. Thanks!

Offline rhart

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 02:05:08 PM »
At the indoor range I shoot at, they charge you $5.00 for shooting that cardboard hanger...
"In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness)."

"You can only fight the way you practice."

"If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you."
- Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 11:24:05 PM »
At the indoor range I shoot at, they charge you $5.00 for shooting that cardboard hanger...

I’ve heard of places like that... I’d just buy my own hangers and swap em out when I go.

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 10:16:09 AM »
Great place at great price, as for the hangers that's why I shoot low.

Offline rhart

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 07:37:58 AM »
Great place at great price, as for the hangers that's why I shoot low.

I returned a hanger once that had a hole in it, but I'm certain that I didn't do it. The hole was from a .45 and I was shooting 9mm and .22. The yahoos shooting next to me were shooting .45 and .40.
"In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness)."

"You can only fight the way you practice."

"If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you."
- Miyamoto Musashi

anything