Author Topic: CZ Custom extended magazine release for P-10 C  (Read 1835 times)

Offline fastlane604

CZ Custom extended magazine release for P-10 C
« on: June 07, 2018, 03:04:48 PM »
Does anyone have one?  How do you like it?  First let me say I like my P-10 C. I like it so much I have a second one on the way.  But, I am still fighting the magazine release.  I did all the polishing and beveling and also removed two coils from the mag release spring. It releases very smoothly when I hit the mag release squarely.  I use my trigger finger to hit the right side release.  I use my trigger finger because it is easier to hit the release than using my thumb.  In the heat of a fast slide lock reload I don't always hit the mag release squarely and when I don't, the mag hangs up.

On my Shadows I have extended mag releases and use my thumb with no problem.  Hence, my question about the P-10 C extended mag release from CZCustom.

Offline Mjolnir

Re: CZ Custom extended magazine release for P-10 C
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 06:32:27 AM »
Are these problems with a fully loaded magazine, half full magazine or empty magazine?

I ask because I found the mag release to be "difficult" on a full or near full mag only. And to be honest, I cannot fathom when I need to quickly unload a full mag. I also know that if you place upward pressure on the mag while depressing the mag release it drops the mag just fine.

I'm thinking it is an actual "feature" not an oversight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »
I am referring to an empty mag on a slidelock reload. It is not a feature when a mag hangs up during an IDPA competition.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 03:46:15 PM »
At $90 I bet you'll be the first one here to have one. I look forward to your review.  8)

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 10:01:19 PM »
At $90 I bet you'll be the first one here to have one. I look forward to your review.  8)

HaHa.  Well, I had a shoot today and didn't have a hang up.  Maybe the more I practice the more I hit it squarely.  Imagine that? Actually the extended mag catch is $53.75.  Now, the extended slide release is $90.  I have been considering that.  I will let everyone know if I get one. ;)

That does bring me to a new question which I will post shortly, auto forwarding.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
I would like to have one. During a match yesterday I found my self using my off hand thumb as I was having trouble trying to use shooting hand thumb.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »
I would like to have one. During a match yesterday I found my self using my off hand thumb as I was having trouble trying to use shooting hand thumb.

Yep, me too.   I practice with my with my strong side thumb but in a match I chicken out and use my offhand because I know I won't miss it.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 10:06:27 PM »
Didn't EarlAn have is mag release modded? 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 05:59:11 PM »
I have one of the CZC mag releases, it does make a little easier to reach. it is not any easier to push. for that you need to polish it and change the "V" just a little. Now I can drop a mag with just the tip of my thumb.