Author Topic: Well that was fun - RAMI at local IDPA match  (Read 2156 times)

Offline f100owner

Well that was fun - RAMI at local IDPA match
« on: May 14, 2018, 04:33:18 PM »
Gun was flawless. I wasn't. Had planned to enter the compact carry division with my PPS, but realized my three (2x8 rounds, 1x6 rounds) magazines were not going to be adequate for a couple of stages, so I switched to the rami (which allowed me to use my 75B mags). I have misplaced about 3 mags and a single stack mag holder for my PPS.
Shot the RAMI a lot better than I thought I would based on some previous range experience. Had two stages give me real heart ache (and lots of points). This is only my second IDPA match. It was only a sub 100-round affair. Used my owb duty holster for my P07. I do have an IWB holster coming in for the RAMI.
CZ - 75B, SP01 tactical;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;
1911 - Taurus 9mm, RIA Government, Mil spec;
Assorted other revolvers, automatics

Offline TNman

Re: Well that was fun - RAMI at local IDPA match
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »
It took me a while to adjust from my striker fired PPS M2 to the DA/SA trigger on the RAMI. I really believe the RAMI was more accurate for me. Good Luck!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline benq

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:49:42 PM »

I'd shoot my RAMI more often at local IDPA matches, but the recommended replacement interval for the recoil springs at 500 rounds is a concern.  When I do compete with it, it is fun to see the faces of others on my squad when I can beat them on a stage with a sub-compact.

Offline f100owner

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »

I'd shoot my RAMI more often at local IDPA matches, but the recommended replacement interval for the recoil springs at 500 rounds is a concern.  When I do compete with it, it is fun to see the faces of others on my squad when I can beat them on a stage with a sub-compact.
Replacing the recoil spring at 500 rounds? Never encountered that. Is that factory recommendation or some other suggestion?
CZ - 75B, SP01 tactical;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

Offline C. Andrew Dunning

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 06:24:31 PM »
Gun was flawless. I wasn't. Had planned to enter the compact carry division with my PPS, but realized my three (2x8 rounds, 1x6 rounds) magazines were not going to be adequate for a couple of stages, so I switched to the rami (which allowed me to use my 75B mags).

So, you shot CCP?  If so, you're still limited to 8 rounds in each magazine. For grins, you can still shoot 1 in SSP - though, against larger pistols.  I rotate my RAMI in every 5 or 6 matches or so, just to keep the feel familiar.  Lots of satisfaction in shooting well w. something of its size...

Offline f100owner

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 08:08:25 AM »
I realize the limit, but one of my pps mags was six round, so even with same number of mags, I had two more rounds. Plus I had my double stack mag holder for better speeds than shoving the single stack pps mags in my back pocket. I may use this one more or my 75B. Just not that immersed in my P07.
CZ - 75B, SP01 tactical;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

Offline benq

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »

Replacing the recoil spring at 500 rounds? Never encountered that. Is that factory recommendation or some other suggestion?

I have one set for carry and another for range time.

I found a few thread regarding this.

https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86061.0
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=69536.0

Offline f100owner

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 01:11:08 PM »
will go ahead and order two or three more outer springs. While I am there will order the 10 round mag for the RAMI as well, to make carrying a little more convenient.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:28:55 AM by f100owner »
CZ - 75B, SP01 tactical;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

Offline C. Andrew Dunning

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 06:08:01 PM »
While I am there will order the 10 round mag for the RAMI as well, to make carrying a little more convenient.

Don't forget the add-on pinky hangers...

Offline f100owner

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 09:09:30 AM »
The RAMI and I tried IDPA again this Saturday. With the exception of the shooter with an AR who was DQ'd, no one was worse than I. Shooting wise, my accuracy was not  terrible, picking off the steels with one-shot, no non-combat hits. I jumped up points by failing to engage fully (not enough hits), bad planning (leaving my spare mag on a table and having to go back and retrieve it in one stage). So timing was terrible. Only one procedural (taking on a target out of order). Still getting 10 points in a simply warm-up stage of standing, shooting four at the body and one at the head was ludicrous. Argg.
For grins, went ahead and ordered another 8-round mag for my PPS along with a mag carrier (that gives me 3x 8 rounders and one six rounder) and will give it  a shot next time. At least I might be able to l lower my score a little bit. I have consistently shot the single stack PPS M1 better than other guns in my collection of  semi-autos. Still better with revolvers, but don't even want to go down that  road in match play. My 75B is another option.
Of course, as always, the RAMI did not  fail me once. It goes bang when you pull the trigger.
CZ - 75B, SP01 tactical;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

anything