Author Topic: Well that was fun - RAMI at local IDPA match  (Read 269 times)

Offline f100owner

Well that was fun - RAMI at local IDPA match
« on: May 14, 2018, 04:33:18 PM »
Gun was flawless. I wasn't. Had planned to enter the compact carry division with my PPS, but realized my three (2x8 rounds, 1x6 rounds) magazines were not going to be adequate for a couple of stages, so I switched to the rami (which allowed me to use my 75B mags). I have misplaced about 3 mags and a single stack mag holder for my PPS.
Shot the RAMI a lot better than I thought I would based on some previous range experience. Had two stages give me real heart ache (and lots of points). This is only my second IDPA match. It was only a sub 100-round affair. Used my owb duty holster for my P07. I do have an IWB holster coming in for the RAMI.
CZ - 75B, P-07, RAMI;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;
1911 - Taurus 9mm, RIA Government;
Assorted other revolvers, automatics

Offline TNman

Re: Well that was fun - RAMI at local IDPA match
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »
It took me a while to adjust from my striker fired PPS M2 to the DA/SA trigger on the RAMI. I really believe the RAMI was more accurate for me. Good Luck!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NRA Member
IDPA / USPSA Member
CZ RAMI BD
Ruger LCR
Sig P320C 45
Sig P226 Legion
Sig P320 X-Carry

Offline benq

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:49:42 PM »

I'd shoot my RAMI more often at local IDPA matches, but the recommended replacement interval for the recoil springs at 500 rounds is a concern.  When I do compete with it, it is fun to see the faces of others on my squad when I can beat them on a stage with a sub-compact.

Offline f100owner

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »

I'd shoot my RAMI more often at local IDPA matches, but the recommended replacement interval for the recoil springs at 500 rounds is a concern.  When I do compete with it, it is fun to see the faces of others on my squad when I can beat them on a stage with a sub-compact.
Replacing the recoil spring at 500 rounds? Never encountered that. Is that factory recommendation or some other suggestion?
CZ - 75B, P-07, RAMI;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

Offline C. Andrew Dunning

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 06:24:31 PM »
Gun was flawless. I wasn't. Had planned to enter the compact carry division with my PPS, but realized my three (2x8 rounds, 1x6 rounds) magazines were not going to be adequate for a couple of stages, so I switched to the rami (which allowed me to use my 75B mags).

So, you shot CCP?  If so, you're still limited to 8 rounds in each magazine. For grins, you can still shoot 1 in SSP - though, against larger pistols.  I rotate my RAMI in every 5 or 6 matches or so, just to keep the feel familiar.  Lots of satisfaction in shooting well w. something of its size...

Offline f100owner

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 08:08:25 AM »
I realize the limit, but one of my pps mags was six round, so even with same number of mags, I had two more rounds. Plus I had my double stack mag holder for better speeds than shoving the single stack pps mags in my back pocket. I may use this one more or my 75B. Just not that immersed in my P07.
CZ - 75B, P-07, RAMI;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

Offline benq

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »

Replacing the recoil spring at 500 rounds? Never encountered that. Is that factory recommendation or some other suggestion?

I have one set for carry and another for range time.

I found a few thread regarding this.

https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86061.0
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=69536.0

Offline f100owner

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 01:11:08 PM »
will go ahead and order two or three more outer springs. While I am there will order the 10 round mag for the RAMI as well, to make carrying a little more convenient.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 08:28:55 AM by f100owner »
CZ - 75B, P-07, RAMI;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

Offline C. Andrew Dunning

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 06:08:01 PM »
While I am there will order the 10 round mag for the RAMI as well, to make carrying a little more convenient.

Don't forget the add-on pinky hangers...