Poll

P-01 or P-07 and use extra cash to buy Inforce APLc?

P-01
P-07 w/light

Author Topic: Buying my first CZ. P01 or P07?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Buying my first CZ. P01 or P07?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2018, 10:26:12 PM »
Get one now, buy the other one later. Easy.

Since the P-01 is above MSRP, the P-07 is a better deal. Buy the P-01 later when the big dealers get the next shipment in and the price is more reasonable.

You will eventually get both.  ;D And yes, I do get paid to convince people to buy CZs.  O0 O0
This is sound advice. Patience and opportunism are key when buying CZ's.

Offline Kyler095

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2018, 10:27:26 PM »
Funny how majority of people actually responding to the post seem to be pushing me towards the 07 but if you just look at the poll results it tells a different story ???

Exactly. What does that tell you ?
You would have to be some special case of Einstein not to get this message.

One of the two votes for the P-07 was my own vote. And I only voted so that I could see the results lol. Hate to disappoint the voters, but I think I’ll be ordering that P-07 tomorrow. I only see options for OD green and black in the non-threaded barrel version. Anyone now if I can get Urban Grey without a threaded barrel?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2018, 10:46:07 PM »
I hadn't voted, count one more for the 07. It really is a great carry gun. If you need more convincing, it holds one more round than the P-01 and in my experience it's a bit softer shooting. As much as I've enjoyed my P-01, this is the conclusion I've come to. I didn't actually start out with the intent to advocate for the P-07, but there it is.

Offline GBUS

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 02:10:41 AM »
I use crapatalk so didn't vote in the poll either, but my vote is still for the P-01.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 06:33:34 AM »
Remember, when you order the P07, the magazines cost about twice as much as the P01 magazines, so think about using some of the savings for one or two more.  I started off buying P07 magazines and then bought P09 magazines as back up as they carry 3 more rounds (.40 S&W).
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline RedBeard74

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 10:10:01 PM »
P01 - I have both and shoot P01 better with the option of any grips and better tuned trigger. Plus P01 is harder to find.

P07 grip is too thin for me and I actually got a cosmetic white plastic stress mark on the frame just squeezing it to test it out. Admittingly its just cosmetic, but still I think they could of used a little more material around the thumb area of the grip.

Offline eastman

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 11:51:01 PM »
Remember, when you order the P07, the magazines cost about twice as much as the P01 magazines, so think about using some of the savings for one or two more.  I started off buying P07 magazines and then bought P09 magazines as back up as they carry 3 more rounds (.40 S&W).

For a P-07, just buy the new 15-round magazines sold for the P-10c. They are about $10 cheaper than the 14-round compact magazines.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2018, 08:15:01 AM »
14 round?  Do you mean the magazines for the P01?  The P07 and P10C 9MM magazines are 15 rounds.

I've bought 14 round (CZ75 Compact/P01) magazines made by Mecgar for as little as $18 each when Midway has put them on sale.
As I type this, Greg Cote, LLC has the mecgar 14 round magazines for $20.95 each and the CZ 15 round P10C magazines for $32.95 each.

Sometimes you can get the standard 14 round CZ75 Compact magazines cheaper when they got them on sale.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Online Vinny

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2018, 09:56:07 AM »

For a P-07, just buy the new 15-round magazines sold for the P-10c. They are about $10 cheaper than the 14-round compact magazines.

This is a great tip.
If I understand correctly.....CZ made the P-10c magazines 'backwards compatible' to also fit the P-07; but the P-07 mag is not 'forwards compatible' to also fit the P-10c.

This makes sense because of course the P-10c is more recent. No wonder the P-10c mags are so much less$, because CZ's mag supplier can mass produce 'em.
Thanks!
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Kyler095

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2018, 10:15:06 AM »
P-07 coming in tomorrow. Ended up at $525 out the door. Not the best deal but not the worst either. Better than the P-01 being about $698 out the door

Offline roberthleeii

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2018, 10:52:34 AM »
Congratulations! I know you will like it. Now you can wait on the P-01 and get one with the omega trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline Kyler095

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »
Congratulations! I know you will like it. Now you can wait on the P-01 and get one with the omega trigger.

What advantages does the Omega trigger have over the old trigger besides being able to switch from decocker to safety? I prefer the decocker anyway so it doesn’t make much difference to me.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »

What advantages does the Omega trigger have over the old trigger besides being able to switch from decocker to safety? I prefer the decocker anyway so it doesn’t make much difference to me.
It's cheaper for CZ to manufacture.  You might want to start a new thread for that debate. ;D

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2018, 01:01:39 PM »
Whenever in doubt, buy what's more expansive and is harder to get.

Offline roberthleeii

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2018, 03:14:02 PM »

It's cheaper for CZ to manufacture.  You might want to start a new thread for that debate. ;D
Here are a few reasons I would prefer the omega. I really don't think it matters in the long run but I personally passed up a couple of P-01s with out it when I was looking.

1. It is more modern
2. It is the same as what you already have with the P-07
3. Many people claim that they are smoother. (yes I know debatable, may also be a slightly heavier pull)
4. Simpler design. ( simpler sounds more reliable to me, but I don't know if there's any truth to that.)
5. It is cheaper to be cajunized. (My main reason.)

anything