Author Topic: CZ 75 standard internals in an Omega?  (Read 155 times)

Offline Underwhere

CZ 75 standard internals in an Omega?
« on: May 16, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of perhaps buying a CZ75B Omega and then putting the standard CZ75B internals (sear cage, trigger bar, trigger etc) in it.
Does anyone know if the frames are identical?

The only reason for me to do this is for the more upswept beavertail.

Offline Walt Sherrill

Re: CZ 75 standard internals in an Omega?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »
What are you trying to achieve by doing this?  Why not just buy a used standard CZ75b? 

Even if you get a new or used Omega at a killer price, it's unlikely that you'll save money by having to replace some of the key components. 

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:46:12 AM »
What are you trying to achieve by doing this?  Why not just buy a used standard CZ75b? 

Even if you get a new or used Omega at a killer price, it's unlikely that you'll save money by having to replace some of the key components.

I have issues with the non-upswept beavertail.
The 75's only come with the upswept on the stainless, the SA (but that has a funky slide), the 40, and the Omega.

I'd imagine I'd need to replace a few things...but I'd be replacing a few of them anyway with CGW parts.
1. Trigger (Already replacing with old 85C trigger)
2. Trigger bar + support spring
3. Sear cage + components (Already replacing with CGW adjustable sear and lifter. I'd only need the cage and pin)
4. Disconnector (Already replacing with CGW disconnector)
5. Hammer (Already replacing with CGW Race hammer)
6. Sear spring
7. Trigger return spring (Already replacing with CGW reduced trigger return spring)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:49:47 AM by Underwhere »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »
 The frames are totally different internally where the sear cage would go. Not going to happen. If the beaver tail is your biggest issue then by a standard 75B and modify the beaver tail to your liking and have it refinished.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:38:15 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 12:54:33 PM »
The frames are totally different internally where the sear cage would go. Not going to happen. If the beaver tail is your biggest issue then by a standard 75B and modify the beaver tail to your liking and have it refinished.

Ok thanks for the info. There goes that idea.

I'm already mid-process in modifying some beavertails. It's just a tedious process I was hoping to avoid. Looks like I can't.

Offline beanz2

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 07:18:33 PM »
What about a CZ 75 Shadow Line?  You may have to search a bit or wait for them to come back in stock.

anything