Author Topic: Just what is the Compact L?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Arizona Gunner

Just what is the Compact L?
« on: May 22, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »
I occasionally see references to a Compact L model, with a longer slide? I haven?t found any detailed information on this. Anyone know what this is, and how it relates to the P-01 and other compacts?

Offline steel

Re: Just what is the Compact L?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 08:57:53 PM »
CZC made these a few years ago.  They had a compact alloy frame, safety, full length dust cover, action work, SS guide rod, and night sights.  I was fortunate enough to obtain one from CZC.  It serves as my EDC gun.

Offline rhart

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 05:30:14 AM »
The biggest thing that appealed to me about them was/is their lack of a firing pin block - ala Shadow, pre-Bs, 85Cs, etc. 

And, they're back... CZC has the latest version in stock for $1049.00 the last time I checked. I believe they are called the Shadowline Compact (some refer to them as a Shadow Compact) and they may be still in stock. I would have been among the first to jump on them, but I didn't want an alloy frame.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Arizona Gunner

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »
Thanks, guys, very helpful. What was the ?L? and ?longer barrel? referring to? Compared to what? Can anyone clarify that?

Offline rhart

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 10:51:13 AM »
Thanks, guys, very helpful. What was the ?L? and ?longer barrel? referring to? Compared to what? Can anyone clarify that?

Possibly 'long frame' since it has a frame like a P01? I really don't know for sure. Maybe someone can chime in with the answer...
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline GBUS

Just what is the Compact L?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »
The biggest thing that appealed to me about them was/is their lack of a firing pin block - ala Shadow, pre-Bs, 85Cs, etc. 

And, they're back... CZC has the latest version in stock for $1049.00 the last time I checked. I believe they are called the Shadowline Compact (some refer to them as a Shadow Compact) and they may be still in stock. I would have been among the first to jump on them, but I didn't want an alloy frame.

CZC also has an even newer $1400.00 version called the shadow line compact custom even more custom goodness.
Still love my regular CSL or is that SLC

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/shadow-line-compact-custom.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:37:07 AM by GBUS »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 11:52:45 AM »
I thought it was just an ambi safety version of the P-01. L= left?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:54:56 AM by Earl Keese »

Offline Arizona Gunner

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 08:31:36 PM »
I?m leaning towards the ?long frame? theory, comparing it to standard 75 Compact.

I saw a picture which appears to show the frame is like a P-01 but no transverse slot for a light.

There seems to be an endless variety of CZ variations! A collector trying to gather them all would go nuts, or broke, or both.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »
I?m leaning towards the ?long frame? theory, comparing it to standard 75 Compact.

I saw a picture which appears to show the frame is like a P-01 but no transverse slot for a light.

There seems to be an endless variety of CZ variations! A collector trying to gather them all would go nuts, or broke, or both.
The ones I've seen have the slot.

Offline steel

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 08:50:38 PM »
My Compact L has a firing pin block.

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 10:03:32 PM »
The L stood for Light.