Author Topic: My CZ83  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Chelanace

• Trying to hit the broadside of a barn
My CZ83
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:38:56 PM »
I just purchased an near new CZ83 and finally got to shoot it the other day.  When I picked up my brass, I noticed that all the brass had dents in them.  I shot both factory ammo and brand new Starline ammo and know they were never used before.  Didn't happen from my press or dies.

Any help as to what might be causing this issue would be appreciated.
Hoser

Offline OldHorse66

Re: My CZ83
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »
I have an old cz 83 from ?92.  I don?t notice what you describe.  I will keep an eye out next time I go to the range

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Al W.

Re: My CZ83
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »
Hi, Yeah , that freaked me out when I first shot my milsurp 83.
I posted at another site and was told that it was the brass getting dented by the ejection port.
If you check it out there is quite an edge on that port and depending on the load your shooting and the power of the ejection you can get quite a crease in the can.
I ran it by another experienced shooter/reloader and was told the same thing.
I was in the process of replacing springs in the pistol and now after replacing the spring which was from the year of manufacture I suppose, (1988) and going to a target load. Which is to say a light load. I notice that there is much less creasing of the case .
Infact the crease was extreme when shooting the 95 gr PPU FMJ. Don't know what their load is but its plenty hot.
Anyway its not a problem. I've reloaded a few hundred of the creased cases with no problem , the dies iron out the dent easily and there is not any evidence of premature failure of the case.