Author Topic: New to CZ and Forum ; Question regarding CZ warranty after 5 years....  (Read 3520 times)

Offline Tacoski

Anyone have experience with CZ customer service. Also for an original owner are you 100% on your own after 5 year warranty even if its a manufacturing defect/ failure or otherwise. Also anyone have a source or alternative to P07 very expensive $$ mags ?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

I've needed warranty service from CZ two times and they were great to deal with. After 5 years yea you are likely on your own. Any manufacturing defect is going to show up long before that. You can't just lock the pistol away for 5 years unused and then expect to still have a warranty on it. Even those who have lifetime service policies have certain limits after a time period. I made some CGW mods to my 2015 P-07 and it has been flawless for a bit over 10K rounds now. Buy it shoot it and enjoy it.
The mags are expensive and at this point there's really no alternative. The standard 75 series mags will function in the P-07 but fit loosely so they should only be used for range practice.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:42:29 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
P-10C mags will work and for some reason seem to be selling cheaper.
Call CZ-USA at 1-800-955-4486 and ask them - worst they can say is no.

Offline Craig M Arnold

Several years ago I had a firing pin break on one of my 75Bs. I called up CZ USA and Mike Eagleshield, the gunsmith, sent me one, no charge. The pistol was at least 10 years old at that time. So as was suggested above, call CZ USA, they might just help you out.

BTW, that firing pin was the only one I ever broke in any of my many, many CZ pistols. Now a days, I use the CGW extended FP for even greater reliability. 

Make America Great Again

Offline Crosspower

If your really concerned about a warranty you might consider purchasing from Buds gun shop. For around $20 or so ( I think its based on price of firearm) they offer a lifetime warranty that includes shipping both ways and replacement of the firearm if it can't be fixed. I did add it to my 1st PO7 which I use for IDPA matches. I plan on shooting this one a lot so the added warranty made sense to me. Although mine shows about zero wear after roughly 3000 rds.

Offline cntrydawwwg

While Buds does offer the lifetime warranty, also keep in mind that if you add any mods..... all warranties may be voided.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Tacoski

Remove mods to oem before shiping for warranty ? I have heard stories from all gun makers returning guns without high dollar nightsights moded trigers aftermarket stocks etc.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

If the warranty is so important to you, why don't you just follow the terms of the warranty?

People today think they should be allowed to buy a product,use it,wear it out and have some one else stand responsible for repairs. This holds true in the everything else market as well. After 35 years in the automotive field I'm seeing much the same attitude. Recently had a guy come in with his receipt in hand and he says you did my brakes 4 years ago and they are grinding what are you going to do about it. So after checking his receipt and noting his original brakes lasted 55,000 miles and our replacements went 63,000 miles we said there is no warranty and this is what it will cost you. The guy just couldn't comprehend that things wear out and so do warranties.
Don't get me wrong a product should have a warranty against defects but after a period of time defects and normal wear become two totally different things.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:15:58 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Crosspower

If the warranty is so important to you, why don't you just follow the terms of the warranty?

People today think they should be allowed to buy a product,use it,wear it out and have some one else stand responsible for repairs. This holds true in the everything else market as well. After 35 years in the automotive field I'm seeing much the same attitude. Recently had a guy come in with his receipt in hand and he says you did my brakes 4 years ago and they are grinding what are you going to do about it. So after checking his receipt and noting his original brakes lasted 55,000 miles and our replacements went 63,000 miles we said there is no warranty and this is what it will cost you. The guy just couldn't comprehend that things wear out and so do warranties.
Don't get me wrong a product should have a warranty against defects but after a period of time defects and normal wear become two totally different things.

I was a dealer technician most of my life. Working on cars went from awesome to ugly. Warranties became longer and a lot of car buyers have no product knowledge. Thankfully I escaped that life.
While it's not an industry standard, a lot of guns come with a lifetime warranty. I like it. Both my ARs are S&W because of that. I decided to try a Canik Elite because they offered a lifetime warranty and even though redundant I took the Buds lifetime warranty on it too just in case they went out of business or something. I have a New England Arms 22 revolver, broken that came with a lifetime warranty and company is out of business. Other than Traction Grips on some of my pistols they are all stock.  I've got another 10 years of working before I retire. Then I see a lot more of shooting and reloading. I really do expect these guns to last my lifetime. Some manufacturers advertise their guns tested 60,000 rounds without any problems and still shoots within a certain accuracy criteria. If its true they should offer a lifetime warranty. Thats my point of view FWIW.