Author Topic: New from Western North Carolina  (Read 475 times)

Offline haas

New from Western North Carolina
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:15:22 PM »
Hello All, I have recently stumbled on this forum and have really enjoyed what I have seen so far so I felt like joining the community was the next step! I am 25 and married and living in western North Carolina. I have been around guns/shooting my entire life, but I am just now wanting to venture into competition shooting!

I have finally decided that my competition gun will be a Shadow 2! I have spent several weeks trying to determine from all of the available companies and options and have finally landed on the Shadow 2! I couldn't be more excited to finally have a platform picked out. My father in law started off the addiction with the private range and competition style shoots they hold every week, and now I am trying to take the steps towards competing outside of their private group. The Shadow 2 is a little outside my initial budget (originally looking at Glock 34s/M&P etc) so I may be a few weeks from buying, but i'd love to hear some advice regarding the accessories I will likely need/want. I have already started looking through posts about people's recommendations and I kept finding my way back to this forum and finding great information so I wanted to join the community!

-Before I buy i'd love to know the difference between the all-black discontinued model vs. the urban grey and black w/ blue grips. I prefer the all black, but want to make sure they didn't discontinue it for some functional reason.
-Secondly for competition shooting I will likely need several additional mags. Are Mec-Gar magazines the way to go or should I shell out the additional cash for a pricier brand?
-I am not entirely sure what brands are considered the best holsters are for the shadow 2 (likely shooting production class or limited), but I did see one that appears interesting from Comp-Tac, any strong opinions either way on that?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: New from Western North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:26:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum from South Texas.
Join in and ask your questions on the forums.  The S2 is a hot item with a number of the members.

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 10:09:14 PM »
Hello and welcome from Houston!

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »
Hello from Oklahoma.

Offline Trh9905

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:21:43 AM »
Welcome from Eagle, MI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 07:25:12 AM »
Welcome from Florida and WNC.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline Texf6

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 07:33:06 AM »
Welcome fro TX. 

Offline czsuby

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 07:40:56 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.

Offline hansb57

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
Texas might be the best and the biggest but a welcome from the Netherlands means at this point I'm the farthest away!

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »
Welcome from Georgia.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Hillbilly357

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 06:53:53 PM »
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle.   8)
Born & raised at Balsam Gap,(Jackson County), N.C.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 08:22:16 PM »
Welcome from Central Fla and Western NC.

Lucky You that your Father-In-Law has a private range!

Don't have a Shadow (Nice Gun!) but I've had all good results with MecGar mags in my CZ's. I believe they make many OEM mags for CZ and other top brands. I usually buy them from Greg Cote, LLc.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"