Author Topic: S2 MecGar Follower damage?  (Read 893 times)

Offline toddm

S2 MecGar Follower damage?
« on: May 27, 2018, 09:58:16 PM »
Just curious if this wear is typical/usual with the Shadow 2's mags.  I've used Mecgar mags an my P226's for years and I've never seen this type of follower wear.   It does not impact functioning, I was just cleaning my mags the other day and noticed it and thought it was odd.   All 3 of the factory mags that came with my S2 show this pattern.  It's actually a pretty deep gouge and it will solidly stop a fingernail.  I have several 19rd MecGar mags but none of them have made it to the range yet as the gun is pretty new, probably has just short of 1000 rounds through it.   I thought it might be slamming an empty mag home on a closed slide, so I did that several times with one of the new mags and nothing.   I'll have to rotate in some of the new 19rd mags and see if I notice it forming but was just curious if others had seen the same thing.

Offline MoRivera

Re: S2 MecGar Follower damage?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 12:49:09 AM »
I have those too.  I think they are just from the rim of the bottom round...maybe from being stripped by ethics's slide, maybe because of the shock of recoil.  Don't have any issues with my mags.

Also notice them to a lesser degree on my CZ factory mags.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:50:55 AM by MoRivera »

Offline toddm

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 01:12:27 AM »
I bet you are right, it's in the perfect position to be the case rim.   I won't worry about it unless I start to see issues feeding the last round, plus it probably won't get any worse as the case rim to bullet gap is only so large.

I am surprised that I've never seen this on any of my other mags, I also run MecGar's in my P226's but those use a black follower so perhaps these blue ones are just much softer.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 01:40:40 AM »
I bet you are right, it's in the perfect position to be the case rim.   I won't worry about it unless I start to see issues feeding the last round, plus it probably won't get any worse as the case rim to bullet gap is only so large.

I am surprised that I've never seen this on any of my other mags, I also run MecGar's in my P226's but those use a black follower so perhaps these blue ones are just much softer.
See too, haven't noticed.

anything