Author Topic: Suppressed scorpion questions  (Read 571 times)

Offline Ferguson191919

Suppressed scorpion questions
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »
I'm definitely going Omega 9k and Tri Lug. There are so many tri lug adapters out there though, which one do you guys get so the spacing is good?  I dont want it sticking way past the hand guard.  I want to stick out no more than half an inch.
-
-
Does anyone know how long i have to wait for silencer approval currently?
-
-
I saw a video where someone implied i need to be 922r compliant for this but it was a small streamer and i think he was confused.  Does 922r matter if keep it as a pistol?

Offline Kenneth

Re: Suppressed scorpion questions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »
For a 3 lug go to Hkparts.net

If you are buying a suppressor by yourself and not on a trust then probably under 6 months.

I am currently over a year waiting on my .22 suppressor but I bought it on a trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John A.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:38:00 PM »
I realize that you may not want the suppressor sticking out past the handguard for aesthetic reasons, however, the more baffles that you have, typically, the better sound and flash suppression that you have.

That's why the largest car mufflers are the most quiet.  Smallest mufflers and glass packs are the loudest.

Exactly the same concept.

If you keep it as a pistol, nothing has to be done where 922 is concerned.  That only applies if you SBR it.

Wait times on a form 4 are ~7 months.  Longer if your local SOT has to transfer it from the mfgr or from another dealer because it takes some time for them to do a form 3 before they can start your form 4 transfer.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:41:39 PM by John A. »
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »

Here is my SBR’d Scorpion with Octane 45 suppressor.

I am currently going through the process of a a micro conversion and a pistol hand guard.

Offline funkeruski

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 09:59:16 AM »
For a 3 lug go to Hkparts.net

If you are buying a suppressor by yourself and not on a trust then probably under 6 months.

I am currently over a year waiting on my .22 suppressor but I bought it on a trust.

According to NFA Tracker, it looks like Form 4 trusts are running about 6 months now. I have an Omega 9k locked up. Check was cashed Dec. 11, 2017. Hope I'm getting close.

Offline Spearjunkie

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 10:50:38 PM »
I have an EVO SBR and run an Omega 9K with an HK parts tri lug.  Runs like a champ and a lot of fun to shoot.  They really suck shooting as a pistol.

Offline Ferguson191919

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:09:03 AM »
I have an EVO SBR and run an Omega 9K with an HK parts tri lug.  Runs like a champ and a lot of fun to shoot.  They really suck shooting as a pistol.

you bought the flash can model and just unscrewed it right?  Or did you have the barrel cut?  How much past the hand rail does the 9k stick out? 

anything