Author Topic: Do you have days when you shoot some guns better ?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Chicago Dude

Do you have days when you shoot some guns better ?
« on: May 29, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »
I took my new Rami to Range, and brought with me my P-01 (99041) and my PCR.
Usually I shoot my P-01 the best. Maybe because it's little heavier (all steel).
I never shot Rami, and I didn't expect to shoot it well.
What surprised me is that I shot my PCR best. I was always - so-so with PCR. This time I had best results with it.
Is this strange ?
Are there the days for you guys when you shoot some guns better than the others ?

Offline Walt Sherrill

Re: Do you have days when you shoot some guns better ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:11:47 PM »
Yes.  Some days I shoot so poorly I'm sorry I went to the range.

This sometimes happens if I've had too much caffeine... which can play havoc with my accuracy.  (An old copy of the US Army Marksmanship Unit training manual makes a point to say AVOID CAFFEINE on the days you shoot a lot or the days you compete.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 06:55:30 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 03:49:41 PM »
Walt +1 here.  I live on caffeine 24/7,  so I figure I need to practice with it.😉

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »
Walt, I think I get the shakes if I DON?T have caffeine. 

Definitely get it. If I have had too much I can tell, incl sometimes at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 05:35:53 PM »
In my case there are days I certainly shoot some of my guns worse then usual.
I will always have a good day with this gun or that gun, but there are days I have to put down my SP-01 or any of my other guns and say not your day today.
Why is that? Its hard to say but I just know I'm way better on most days with that gun then I am today.
Its a bummer but it happens to me.
RCG

Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »
I don't recall having any days when the bad guns (Glock/M&P/Browning) shoot better than the good guns (CZ/Colt).

Are there days when I'm not as good as I'd like to be?  Sure.  But it's not so much a "day" as a group or three here and there.  I hate having a day when I shoot some really good groups and some really  bad groups.  If I'm testing new loads I expect some groups to be better, or worse, than others.  If I'm shooting something I know the pistol/rifle shoots nice groups with then it bothers me when a group isn't up to the standard I know I've done in the past.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Ron M.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 08:28:59 PM »
I definitely have days where I shoot revolvers better than pistols or days where I shoot one style of pistol better than another. On the days I'm doing well with revolvers I seem to also shoot A1 style 1911s better. On days that I'm shooting pistols better I seem to do best with CZ75 series and Beretta 92 series pistols.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
Some days yes.
Mostly if I do not shoot for a couple of days it takes me a couple of mags to get back to any type of accuracy.
"1776" - Part II

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:06:08 AM »
Some days I get nice right groups some days it looks like buck shot

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 08:00:17 AM »
Some days are better than others for sure.

Last Saturday's targets looked like wide groups with flyers....
But this time I have an excuse!

I was at an indoor range and my fellow shooters were helping me train with "distractions".  The pistol side was full up, so I got a lane on the rifle side. The guy on my left was firing a select-fire AR in 3 round bursts, and the guy on my right was firing 12-gauge. Everybody else had ARs also.  LOUD is an understatement. The "distractions" took their toll on my concentration for sure! It was good practice, because I know full well that any "real" defensive shooting scenario would be completely full of distractions.  Not to mention that an actual defensive shooting situation would certainly be without hearing protection!

Offline Shawrco

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »
Definitely have better days than others... I shoot at a friends makeshift range where we have a lot of steel disks, golf balls on string, bowling pins, etc. Its down into the woods so shadows/light can mess with you. My eyes are also better some days than others. I usually set up a paper target when I'm trying to make sight adjustments then shift over to the steel targets. The golf balls are a hoot!

anything