Author Topic: Buying another P-10c. How to identify newer models.  (Read 29125 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

Buying another P-10c. How to identify newer models.
« on: June 02, 2018, 07:28:39 PM »
Been shooting my FDE and absolutely love it. Looking to grab another one and was wondering how to ID the newer versions. I read somewhere the striker assembly is different. Is that correct? Thanks

Offline Mjolnir

Re: Buying another P-10c. How to identify newer models.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 07:48:56 PM »
If you look at the rear of the slide you'll see a slot at the 3 o'clock position and you'll also have a metal guide rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dirkdiggler

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 08:00:50 PM »
Sweet, thanks

Offline Larry Sellers

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
Stupid follow up question. If I have an older version is there a way to ?fix? the striker rotation issue with a new or updated part? I recently ordered an FDE version from lipseys  and if it shows up without the 3 o?clock notch and steel rod, is it worth sending back and searching for and updated model?

Sorry for the hijack!

Offline dirkdiggler

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 12:03:37 PM »
Stupid follow up question. If I have an older version is there a way to ?fix? the striker rotation issue with a new or updated part? I recently ordered an FDE version from lipseys  and if it shows up without the 3 o?clock notch and steel rod, is it worth sending back and searching for and updated model?

Sorry for the hijack!

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 12:16:46 PM »

Sorry for the hijack!

CGW said they were working on a fix, but he hasn't replied to questions in his own thread that he started. I wish someone would document the differences with pics. Mine was replaced under warranty just before the latest revisions started shipping. I haven't had any problems, but I'd sure like to know what the changes are exactly.

Offline dirkdiggler

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 08:29:24 PM »

Sorry for the hijack!

There was a thread with a pic of the new slide cuts, I'll see if I can find it and post it here. I'm with you, I haven't had any issues with my striker but CZ changed it for a reason so I'm a little concerned. I guess I'll wait to see one when they show up on shelves.

CGW said they were working on a fix, but he hasn't replied to questions in his own thread that he started. I wish someone would document the differences with pics. Mine was replaced under warranty just before the latest revisions started shipping. I haven't had any problems, but I'd sure like to know what the changes are exactly.

EDIT**** I found the pic which had I done earlier and I wouldn't have started this thread lol. The changes is pretty obvious but you can't be sure which you're getting via an online deal.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 08:33:24 PM by dirkdiggler »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 08:41:36 PM »

Sorry for the hijack!

There was a thread with a pic of the new slide cuts, I'll see if I can find it and post it here. I'm with you, I haven't had any issues with my striker but CZ changed it for a reason so I'm a little concerned. I guess I'll wait to see one when they show up on shelves.

EDIT**** I found the pic which had I done earlier and I wouldn't have started this thread lol. The changes is pretty obvious but you can't be sure which you're getting via an online deal.

Yes it's pretty obvious that it's changed, but it isn't obvious what the changes are internally. What I want to see is a side by side comparison that shows the parts that are different internally.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Larry Sellers

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 08:43:23 PM »

Sorry for the hijack!

Yes it's pretty obvious that it's changed, but it isn't obvious what the changes are internally. What I want to see is a side by side comparison that shows the parts that are different internally.

That?s my question too. Just to see what I can purchase if need be to bring the Older model up to snuff

Offline cocowheats

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »

Sorry for the hijack!

That?s my question too. Just to see what I can purchase if need be to bring the Older model up to snuff

I'm curious as well. Mine has a newer ramped backplate(but not newest? My slide does not have the 3 O'clock cut) but my backplate still dislodged from the striker sleeve allowing the backplate to drop so far down that the ramping couldn't even push it back into place. The backplate hung the slide up from going back into battery. I could have just pushed down on the backplate and let the striker fly out....

I do NOT trust my P10C because of this....

This was 200-300rnds in. Firearm is 100% stock aside from polishing trigger components and sanding frame texturing down.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 05:59:28 PM by cocowheats »

Offline KYCZP

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:04 AM »
Even if you could obtain a new style striker assembly you would still have to mill a slot in the slide in the 3 o'clock position.

Offline Christopher67

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »
Even if you could obtain a new style striker assembly you would still have to mill a slot in the slide in the 3 o'clock position.

Is that why that slot is there, because CZ changed/updated the whole striker assembly?(My suppressor ready P10C has the slot.)

Offline KYCZP

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »

Is that why that slot is there, because CZ changed/updated the whole striker assembly?(My suppressor ready P10C has the slot.)

I have to admit I'm guessing here. Both of my P-10 C's are old style and nobody has posted a pic of the new style striker assembly. I'm assuming there is a leg on some part of the new striker assembly that fits in the slot to keep it from rotating. Somebody please post a pic of the new striker assembly so we'll know for sure!

Offline cocowheats

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 07:44:17 PM »
Please, somebody with the 3 O'clock hole on the back post pics of the striker assembly, backplate and back of the slide with the plate off! PLEASE!!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:37 PM »
This^^^^^^

anything