Author Topic: NJ tries to ban magazines again!  (Read 5030 times)

Offline Revvvvvvvvvvvvv

NJ tries to ban magazines again!
« on: June 06, 2018, 02:57:38 PM »
New Jersey you need to take action and call your representatives! They want to cut down magazines capacity from 15 rounds to 10. If the law is passed your magazines won't be grandfathered. You will have to modify your mags to accept only 10 rounds, transfer to a person who is entitled to posses the mags, render the magazines inoperable, and finally even surrender them. Please call your Reps!!! Tell them to vote no on these two bills! Quickly there is no time to waste this is happening right now!

Contact list- https://www.anjrpc.org/general/custom.asp?page=CombinedLegEmailAddr

A2761- http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_R3.HTM

S102- http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S0500/102_R2.HTM

Offline ac215

Re: NJ tries to ban magazines again!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 07:52:31 PM »
Just waiting on Murphy's signature now...  :'( :'(

Offline benjf1

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:10:36 PM »
Unfortunately he, and nearly the entire legislative body, would support any gun control measure. Takes attention away from the real issues facing our fine state. If it wasn't for my family, I'd be outta here. I'm listed as an independent, so I vote for who I think is the best candidate, but I did call and email my reps. According to the vote counts, it looks like there were five or so who voted against the various bills.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 07:19:58 PM by benjf1, Reason: added more info »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 01:07:55 AM »
All signed into law. :(

Offline dave19113

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 09:16:36 AM »
All signed into law. :(

bleep... and that fast it was gone.

As someone who remembers the 1st AWB in '93 and lived in NY at the time. Ive since moved to Va and still buy surplus mags like they are going out of style.

We as gun owners need to keep fighting the fight because just like that we are always one step away from having more rights stripped from us.

Offline Mercs

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 09:24:56 AM »
This whole capacity argument has become a pointless 30 year circle jerk. Well hey, at least manufacturers will sell a bunch of new magazines and smaller guns. I wouldn?t be surprised if one or more of them was actually backing this behind the scenes, sort of like Springfield and RRA did back here in Illinois. Never buy one of their products!

The next logical step for Jersey is to ban the pistols that can hold more than 10 rounds and call them assault weapons. Hey it looks a lot like 1994 around here. Hell, maybe Smith and Wesson and Ruger will get behind this again, just like they did back then. Didn?t the studies done in 2003 and 2004 prove the ineffectiveness of these laws after a ten year run?  ?Hey I know, let?s pretend that never happened and try it again on the next generation?. Thanks to all the traitorous  douchebags who helped pass this turd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:38:22 AM by Mercs »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 10:05:56 AM »
This whole capacity argument has become a pointless 30 year circle jerk. Well hey, at least manufacturers will sell a bunch of new magazines and smaller guns. I wouldn?t be surprised if one or more of them was actually backing this behind the scenes, sort of like Springfield and RRA did back here in Illinois. Never buy one of their products!

The next logical step for Jersey is to ban the pistols that can hold more than 10 rounds and call them assault weapons. Hey it looks a lot like 1994 around here. Hell, maybe Smith and Wesson and Ruger will get behind this again, just like they did back then. Didn?t the studies done in 2003 and 2004 prove the ineffectiveness of these laws after a ten year run?  ?Hey I know, let?s pretend that never happened and try it again on the next generation?. Thanks to all the traitorous  douchebags who helped pass this turd!

You forgot to include glock in there as well and there were a few others who got on board with clinton admin. during the 94 awb. Sad thing is you never know who might be sticking it to us behind the scenes. Even more sad is I hear guys who claim to support the 2A talking all the time about concessions we could make to appease the anit-gunners and it's thinking like that which will help carry us down that slippery slope. They won't quit till the get a total ban and that's all there is to it.
Shall not be infringed means just that and I'm not giving up ANYTHING.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 10:09:48 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline benjf1

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 05:05:25 PM »
One of our esteemed legislators (I believe it was Loretta Weinberg?) has already proposed a bill to reduce magazine capacity to 5 rounds. Wish the NRA would get more involved  since some of their members, myself included, live here. On the other hand , I realize resources are limited and they probably think NJ is a lost cause, so why throw good money after bad.

Offline Mercs

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 06:03:50 PM »
One of our esteemed legislators (I believe it was Loretta Weinberg?) has already proposed a bill to reduce magazine capacity to 5 rounds. Wish the NRA would get more involved  since some of their members, myself included, live here. On the other hand , I realize resources are limited and they probably think NJ is a lost cause, so why throw good money after bad.
NJ has fallen then. Chicago soon to follow

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 06:58:14 AM »
I remember a 5 round limit proposed back in the day, went under fast when people remembered most revolvers had SIX round cylinders.

Offline benjf1

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »
But that's the point, if they restrict to 5 rounds they effectively ban everything but j-frames and such. They know full well that's the case, a back door ban (a few years ago Weinberg and Greenstein were caught off mike talking about outright confiscation). Cuomo's restriction was overruled by the court in NY. Not sure NJ has the judges to do that. The state is falling apart at the seams and Murphy's touting his gun regulations as one of his great achievements, along with equal pay for women (which already exists).

Offline Vinny

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
I grew up in Springfield MA. Home of the Nation's 1st Armory commissioned by George Washington. Many of the finest gunmakers the world has known were established in the Pioneer Valley. SA, Colt, S&W, Savage, the list goes on and on. My uncle worked at S&W from High School graduation to Retirement. He was the guy knurling all the hammers.

I started a business there years ago; but many of the same Legislators who oppose guns are also anti-small business. They drove me and my business outta there about 25 years ago with their restrictive policies, reams of redundant paperwork, high taxes and big intrusive  government.

I'm a Fla resident now, and Summer in NC. I'll visit the Northeast occasionally, but NEVER move back there!

My heart bleeds for you guys that have to endure the Liberal intellectuals of MA, CT, NY, NJ, MD, Ill, CA etc. 

Don't let them know how quickly you can drop a mag and reload another.  :(
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline radagast

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 07:27:56 PM »
Four days after passage of "Murphy's Laws" and There's a mass shooting in Trenton the state capitol. Murphy takes the opportunity to pat himself on the back saying they just have to do MORE !  They just don't want to accept the fact that criminals don't follow laws, and they'll feel safer when everyone except their bodyguards are disarmed.
 Delusional at best !
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »
New Gov want to make a statement for the base in NJ.  Why only they know.  Good luck NJ!

Offline Ritter

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 01:27:19 PM »
NJ just needs to set up receptacles where criminals can drop their illegal magazines.

anything