Author Topic: Overwhelmed with upgrade choices! (LOVE my new SP-01!)  (Read 1261 times)

Offline I like pink

Overwhelmed with upgrade choices! (LOVE my new SP-01!)
« on: June 08, 2018, 12:10:47 PM »
I finally picked up my new SP-01 out of kommiefornia jail.  Had a chance to go shoot her last night and I'M.IN.LOVE! 

Hate the night sights (but I had night sights on any of my guns)  I've been so overwhelmed the past couple of weeks, reading about upgrades and trying to decide what to do!

I've read a lot of the threads where others ask pretty much the same thing:  What first???

The main purpose of this gun is for out local 3-gun.  There aren't any of the rules as far as size, weight, etc.  So I'm open to do whatever I want to her.  I just want to make her the best for me!

I do know that hubby needs to polish the insides. 

I want the flat trigger.  (Which, from what I've been able to find... the only flat trigger changes her from DA/SA to SAO.)  I'm fine with that since she will be a "competition" gun.)

I've read about the different kits to buy... (several of the ones recommended in other threads include the curved trigger.)  But even all the choices in kits is overwhelming!

Hubby will do the install.  So I don't have to send her off for Cajun to do the work.

Well...... except that I'm going back and forth on:  red dot or no red dot!  UGH!!!!!  I want one, but then I don't want to send my slide off on my brand new baby!  But then if I keep her use her at the matches a couple of months I'll hate going back to my springfield to use at the match while she's gone  :-[  But that's my own silly issues!  haha

Maybe I'm just overthinking it all too much!?

Sooooo...

1.  Red dot or just get the fiber optics?  (I've already decided on vortex venom is I go read dot and Cajun sights that have the dawson front site if I go fiber optics.)

****  Does anyone know of a place that sells already milled slides?  Hubby found a place that does that for glocks but I've searched and haven't found anything like that for CZs.

2.  Which Cajun upgrade kit?  or just buy a few select springs, etc.

3.  Mecgars OK?  Or spend the money on the CZ mags (if I can even find them in stock!?  everywhere I look online they are OOS... keeping in mind i'm stuck with 10-rounders here.)

(and then in a month I get to do it all over again with the p-01    :o  that i'll be able to finally bring home in july!)

Girls just gotta have guns and ammo.... LOTS of ammo!

Offline n8vmdpath

Re: Overwhelmed with upgrade choices! (LOVE my new SP-01!)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »
CGW pro pack..best $300 you can spend on the SP-01.  Not difficult to install with right tools. Many YouTube instructional videos on it.  But shoot at least 500 rounds through it first to break in the pistol.

Mecgar mags are very good (they are OEM for CZ mags).  Best prices are from Greg Cotes LLC.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline I like pink

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »
I was looking at the pro package you recommended and then saw their write up that it is exactly the same as their defensive package, but the pro includes the trigger.... so sounds like what I really would want is the defensive package, then buy the flat SAO trigger separately...

Now... it looks like others have been asking about 11# and other weight springs, etc and they already have the pro or defensive packages... so I still need to order extra parts if I want the other springs?

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 08:02:23 PM »
I got the pro pack because I wanted DA trigger similar older CZ but hated the new hook trigger. 

CGW has excellent customer service. Email them and they will provide recommendations

Offline I like pink

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 06:49:52 PM »
I got the pro pack because I wanted DA trigger similar older CZ but hated the new hook trigger. 

CGW has excellent customer service. Email them and they will provide recommendations

finally placed my order with CGW.  we made our list and hubby called to verify we were getting the right stuff (since he's doing the work!  I just did most of the research and read a ton of info, then sent him links!) 

I'm super excited to get all the parts!  (now if czcustom would just get my grips in the mail so I could get them and my slide in the mail for milling and ceracoating to match each other.... everything would be right with the world!)

Offline ssqman

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »
Don't forget to post pics!
No, Google is not my friend

Offline I like pink

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
Don't forget to post pics!

I will!  (betcha can't guess what color ceracoat!  hahahahaha!)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
Can't wait to see how it turns out.  There are lots of videos on how to do the work. Check out the stickies in the gunsmithing section of the forum for your husband. there are SAO conversion videos in there, along with step by step videos for everything else.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

anything