Author Topic: 97 BE Target Shooting  (Read 227 times)

Offline longgonedaddy

97 BE Target Shooting
« on: June 08, 2018, 02:36:33 PM »
This is the first time since June '17 that I've shot the .45.  Here are my first two string results today.  These were with S&B 230 gr FMJ.

This is the next twenty using Wilson 200 gr LSWC's.  They have a much flatter trajectory than the S&B's.  I had to move my POA up to get in the black..looks like I took a few shots to high up.

Starting to have some problem holding the pistol steady...i gotsta wiggles.

Now, it's starting to come back to me! 

Had a bunch of flyers because of poor grip and bad trigger control.  Overall, not to shabby for not doing it in a year.  It was a beautiful range day, sunny, 88° with just enough breeze to keep you cool.

Plus, today is the pistol's 2nd anniversary of when I bought it!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:48:01 PM by longgonedaddy »

Offline Raven45

Re: 97 BE Target Shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »
VERY nice shooting for off-hand at 25 yards!  Congratulations!  You need to shoot that thing more!

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »
Nice!  I was totally blown away the first time I shot my 97BE. I had brought my WC CQB Elite and my Nighthawk Falcon 1911’s along with me to get some rounds through them as well. Despite the trigger on the 97BE feeling so awesome just dry-firing (even in DA), never in a million years did I expect it to shoot so well vs ANY of my 1911’s let alone way better than my 2 most expensive ones. Just couldn’t wipe the stupid grin off my face the entire time I was shooting the thing. That same grin returns every time I take it to the range. Ended up selling both the WC and NH. Still have 6 1911’s because just something about the platform you gotta love (think it’s a LAW LOL), but shoot none of them near as well as my 97BE.
Wouldn’t it be interesting to see what the guys at CGW could do with like a plain Springfield GI 1911 or similar if they put their mind to it?  :)

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 09:12:52 PM »
Guys, you are right,  the 97BE is such an easy, simple, accurate shooting pistol.  It is always a pleasure to fire.  I really like those Wilson LSWC bullets.  They are are really good, stable target shooting round.  It's starting to get really hot here.  Thank goodness the John Wayne Pistol Range has a roof on it!  Hopefully, more target shooting will happen this week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:34:40 AM »
Great report.  You remind me of me.  I already KNOW how to put 10 rounds in the 10 ring, even with one hand.  I just don't execute the trigger movement perfectly every time if I don't shoot often enough.

But it is easier with a CZ...

Joe   
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:15:43 AM »
Bringing out a variety of JHP's to try out at 25 yds this morning.

Getting warmed up with the Gold Dots.  Some good, straight shooting ammo.  I'm just not holding the pistol firmly at the start.

First ten floated around some.  Second ten came together better.  Now to work on keeping them all in the black.

Hmmm, I sure felt like I had a good steady grip and straight trigger pulls on these two strings.  Bullet holes just don't agree with me.  "Buckshot" (jimrock4u)...yep that's what this target looked like!     

Nothing really lined up for me today.  The Speer's were actually FMJ flat-nosed bullets.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:04:07 PM by longgonedaddy »

Online jimrock4u

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »
Nice shooting off hand mine look like buckshot at 25 yards some days