Author Topic: Best optic for Cz scorpion  (Read 42974 times)

Offline BG ARMORY

Re: Best optic for Cz scorpion
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
Sig Romeo 5. Cheaper than a AImpoint if you like that style. https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-x-compact-red-dot-sight-1x20mm-2-moa-red-dot-0-5-moa-adj-aaa-m1.html?_iv_code=SD9-RD-RCRDMRDM-SOR52001
Primary arms, an even cheaper alternative http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-micro-dot-with-removable-base-md-rb-ad

For a good optic though Ive really become fond of the Trijicon MRO Seen them 350 range with mounts on sale occasionally. Larger objective than the T1 type sights which I like.  https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-1x25mm-mro-2-0-moa-adj-red-dot-sight.html

Blends Eotech and AImpoint T1 in function. Larger field of view than T1, but same battery life as T1 instead of the 500hr on the Eotech

Run the Romeo 5 on my scorpion, because it came with the low mount, and the MRO on my carbine. Romeo lived on the carbine before the MRO came into the picture. And run the Primary arms Dot on my AK
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:06:43 PM by BG ARMORY »

Offline Mr.E.G.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 03:15:16 PM »
I recently put a Trijicon MRO on a high mount on my SBR Scorpion. It's okay. I had a Bushnell TRS25 and actually preferred it. The problem was that the Bushnell couldn't survive living in my trunk and would suffer from randomly turning itself off, not to mention its propensity to eat batteries.
If I may ask, what do you not like about the MRO? Is it the mount or the optic itself?
I ask because I am strongly considering an MRO myself... It seems like the most economic "Go to War Reliable" optic on the market.

Sorry for the late reply. I think most people would probably prefer the MRO over most other red dots. It's a great optic and it's nice to know that it will survive anything short of a nuclear blast. I personally prefer the smaller diameter of most other tube-style red dots. I had grown accustomed to my Bushnell and liked the style. The MRO is still new and I'm getting used to it, so the larger viewing area is taking some getting used to. That said, I can shoot it with both eyes open, which I couldn't do with the smaller style red dot.

I don't dislike it. I think I was just expecting to be blown away, considering how expensive it is relative to other red dots I've owned. Another minor quibble is that it is not perfectly machined. Even most cheap red dots are machined well look nice right out of the box. On the contrary, the MRO is forged rather crudely, so they come with a big gnarly welded seam and a bunch of small pock marks all over them. It's all just cosmetic stuff that doesn't matter, and I suspect that the imperfections are just the price you pay to have a forged housing rather than something milled from billet aluminum. But it nevertheless surprised me when I took it out of the box and it wasn't perfect. I should point out that my guns all get used hard, so it won't matter in the big picture. It was just surprising.

Lastly, I always thought I had trouble with red dot clarity because I was buying cheap red dots. After buying my MRO and then looking at some Aimpoints, I now realize that my eyes just can't see red dots clearly. I've given some thought to getting a small prism scope. I have a large prism scope on my AR and it's crystal clear to me.

All that to say, I think most people would prefer the MRO, and I probably will too in the long run. I was just accustomed to my Bushnell and I'm grumpy about change.

Offline romukom

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »
I did placed a pre-order for a Primary Arms 1x Cyclops.  I don't have a lot of Astigmatism but with this one I can use it without illumination since the reticle is etched.  For the price of $240 is not bad.  Now, I have to wait for the release of mid July.  I don't know how it will co-witness.  But with a etched reticle it doesn't matter if the power is out.  Worst case would be a shattered glass; that is when you use your iron sights.

Anyways, here the link from Mike at Primary arms.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/1x-Prism-scope-/325-285110/&page=3

Offline GearFondler

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 06:35:58 AM »
I recently put a Trijicon MRO on a high mount on my SBR Scorpion. It's okay. I had a Bushnell TRS25 and actually preferred it. The problem was that the Bushnell couldn't survive living in my trunk and would suffer from randomly turning itself off, not to mention its propensity to eat batteries.
If I may ask, what do you not like about the MRO? Is it the mount or the optic itself?
I ask because I am strongly considering an MRO myself... It seems like the most economic "Go to War Reliable" optic on the market.

Sorry for the late reply. I think most people would probably prefer the MRO over most other red dots. It's a great optic and it's nice to know that it will survive anything short of a nuclear blast. I personally prefer the smaller diameter of most other tube-style red dots. I had grown accustomed to my Bushnell and liked the style. The MRO is still new and I'm getting used to it, so the larger viewing area is taking some getting used to. That said, I can shoot it with both eyes open, which I couldn't do with the smaller style red dot.

I don't dislike it. I think I was just expecting to be blown away, considering how expensive it is relative to other red dots I've owned. Another minor quibble is that it is not perfectly machined. Even most cheap red dots are machined well look nice right out of the box. On the contrary, the MRO is forged rather crudely, so they come with a big gnarly welded seam and a bunch of small pock marks all over them. It's all just cosmetic stuff that doesn't matter, and I suspect that the imperfections are just the price you pay to have a forged housing rather than something milled from billet aluminum. But it nevertheless surprised me when I took it out of the box and it wasn't perfect. I should point out that my guns all get used hard, so it won't matter in the big picture. It was just surprising.

Lastly, I always thought I had trouble with red dot clarity because I was buying cheap red dots. After buying my MRO and then looking at some Aimpoints, I now realize that my eyes just can't see red dots clearly. I've given some thought to getting a small prism scope. I have a large prism scope on my AR and it's crystal clear to me.

All that to say, I think most people would prefer the MRO, and I probably will too in the long run. I was just accustomed to my Bushnell and I'm grumpy about change.
Thank you for that excellent and thorough response.

Offline Mr.E.G.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
Thank you. Glad to help.

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 01:47:24 AM »

my guess would be the high mount, or the blueish tint it has. But honestly the tint you dont even notice in the real world. With the lower stock i dont really see the need to have any riser on the optics its self. I have my Romeo mounted on what i think they call direct mount base? its basically tall enough for just the pic rail to fit under the mount.

Offline mike26038

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »
I just picked up a Holosun HE510C-GR today at a gunshot, and am loving it so far. I personally like the higher mount,  I don't have to squish my face down so far, and the view is not obstructed by the sights. It has a throw lever mount, remove it quickly if needed.

I haven't shot with it yet, but it's a nice piece of kit.

Offline UofRSpider

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »
Romeo4. Terrific optic for $200.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Offline altima98

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
For now Vortex Crossfire red dot $150, I also like that tall mount allows you to use the CZ iron sights

Offline cybersushi

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »
Am using micro T2 on a scalarworks mount, on pistol. Went for the lower 1/3'rd, higher mount to allow for better sight picture with irons through the hollow portion of the mount. Pretty happy with it; am able to throw on an Eotech G33 magnifier quickly if desired (which flips out of the way too for iron sights).

Offline TexCZfan

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 08:40:26 AM »
Totally comes down to personal preference. I have been happy with the Sig Romeo 5 on both of my Scorpions.

Offline SAS613

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2018, 06:01:59 PM »
I bought a used SIG-081 for my carbine.  It co-witnesses and allows a solid cheek weld on the folding stock.  I'm happy with it.

Offline Docduracoat

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »
Another vote for the Holosun 510.
20,000 hour battery life, comes a quick release, auto on motion sensor, waterproof, shockproof, etc.
And it looks good on the gun!

Offline mountainrider

• The Catasstrophy; so many contenders!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »
The Vortex Spitfire 3 is all that... and a bag of chips!
Although I once owned a couple, I don't really have a SIGnature.

Offline cocowheats

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
Trijicon MRO on the low mount works well with the factory irons.

The Vortex Crossfire red dot is a good budget option. Comes with a low and lower 1/3mount. Low mount sits like the MRO low mount.

anything