Author Topic: M&P 2.0 Compact  (Read 1432 times)

Offline viking499

M&P 2.0 Compact
« on: June 21, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »
Recently picked up 2.0 compact and like it so far.  Handles and shoots great.

The only thing I am not impressed with so far is the fit of the mags to the bottom of the frame.

Does someone make a different sleeve to fit the 17 rounders?  Does S&W sell them?  What about new base Plates?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: M&P 2.0 Compact
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
Congratulations on the M&P 2.0 Compact!  :)  May it serve you well!

The M&P series does tempt me, but I'm currently very well served by my S&W SW9VE.

Here's a Magazine Grip Adapter that will probably work for you:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006118525/x-grip-magazine-adapter-s-and-w-m-and-p-9mm-luger-357-sig-40-s-and-w-full-size-magazine-to-fit-m-and-p-compact-models-polymer-black
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline viking499

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
Thanks jwc.  But, I don't think that those will work.  I need something to slide over the 17 rounders to fir the frame for the 15's.  From what I can tell, the length of the new 15's are shorter than the older model 15's.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »
For now I am not aware of anyone making them other than S&W and I have looked.  The S&W spacers that came with my new 2.0 compact are ok for range use, but I do not trust them for anything else.  Afraid they might side down and interfere with reloading.  I am currently carrying loaded with a 15 and 17s for spares without spacers.  Overall I am really loving this gun. 
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »
If you want to lock the spacer in place use a wrap or two of friction tape around the mag where the spacer sits.
Also if they get stretched you can soak them in very hot water for a few minutes and they will shrink back to original size.
"1776" - Part II

Offline Wiskytango

• Learn To Swim - MJK
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 09:36:48 AM »
If you want to lock the spacer in place use a wrap or two of friction tape around the mag where the spacer sits.
Also if they get stretched you can soak them in very hot water for a few minutes and they will shrink back to original size.

Good idea. Never thought of this.
Learn To Swim -MJK

Offline Black Wolf

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »
Can't help ya with the mag fit but check your pistol to see if you have this weird anomaly - leave it in the car (with a loaded mag), when it is less than 30*F (I guess the fridge works too) for about 5 hours.  Take it out, drop your mag, make a strange "what the ....." expression :)

I have the same pistol, LOVE IT. I consider it one of the best out of the box fight pistols I have ever owned but the cold will do something funny to it.  Try it.

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »
Love my 2.0c and have used 17 rnd mags with extensions in matches.  Havent had any issue with them so far.