Author Topic: Sights question: Black P-07 w/ aftermarket vs OD Green with factory tritium  (Read 1440 times)

Offline GeneralSu

After a good deal of searching, the only info I was able to find on the factory tritium sights that come with the OD Green P-07 is that they are very bright. That's great, but I was wondering if anyone has any info on how the sight picture is for those factory sights.

I'm debating whether to grab a black P-07 and install sights like the Dawson Precision from CGW or the new Night Fisions that are coming out, versus just grabbing the OD Green and being done with it. The first choice would end up being more expensive, but might be worth it if they are especially good sights compared to factory. Any insight on this?

Offline Iowa_Ross

The sight picture during the day is comparable to any quality 3 white dot sights. I still have no idea who makes the sights, but what it appears to be is phosphorescent/semi translucent plastic  dots with tritium underneath. I have a set of Night Fision on preorder, I'm considering doing a video comparison.

Offline GeneralSu

The sight picture during the day is comparable to any quality 3 white dot sights. I still have no idea who makes the sights, but what it appears to be is phosphorescent/semi translucent plastic  dots with tritium underneath. I have a set of Night Fision on preorder, I'm considering doing a video comparison.

I'd love to see that! Does the front sight on the OD Green have any kind of high-vis feature, like an orange or white ring?

Offline John_AZ

I?m in the same boat. I?m not a ?colored handgun? type. I have black and stainless. And don?t do two tone.

But I?m curious on the OD for the night sights.

But those Nightfusion sights are set up just like the Ameriglos on my duty and CCW gun, to include the U-notch option.

Offline Winkel

I'd love to see that! Does the front sight on the OD Green have any kind of high-vis feature, like an orange or white ring?
No, mine does not and I just got it about a month ago. 

Offline briang2ad

I have an older FDE P09, but the daylight function is the same.  The front sight does have a bit of a white ring, but NOT very pronounced.  This IS the downside to the P series.  I'd love to have an HD front sight option.