Author Topic: TS possibly firing on mag insertion  (Read 960 times)

Offline Matt101

TS possibly firing on mag insertion
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:16:33 PM »
Question for the brains trust

A fellow shooter has recently had two AD?s with a new-to-him TS. Both occurred during movement while performing a mag change.

Shooter wasn?t sure if he had his finger on the trigger for the 1st one but is sure it was off for the 2nd. I witnessed both but couldn?t see from where I was standing.

Now I know the history of the gun because I just sold it to the guy. It was my original Standard gun before becoming a backup when I got a TSO. Round count is probably 10k. Firing mechanism is stock apart from a CZC wide safety.

The gun has never done this for me.

After the 2nd one I looked over the gun at the safe table and couldn?t see anything wrong or replicate. Back on the range I tried to make it fire by slamming a mag in and also couldn?t replicate (the shooter and another guy tried also).

I?m going to have a closer look at it for the shooter because he has no experience taking CZ?s apart.

Question: does anyone have any experience with this? What could it be? What spec should the hammer hooks be?

I?m not ruling out shooter error yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:18:15 PM by Matt101 »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: TS possibly firing on mag insertion
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »
Even if there is a defect/worn part like the sear or possibly a broken or weak sear spring I would think the hammer should fall to the safety notch and not go all the way home. In the absence of any one else being able to replicate the failure I'd go back to the shooter.
I've never had a CZ fail that way but I have had hammer follow on several 1911's and unless some one removes the safety notch they do not fall to home and fire.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 11:57:10 PM »
Like SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM said,  I've never experienced that either.  I've worn out hammer hooks & sear edge in a Shadow and had hammer follow,  but I've never seen or heard of the hammer dropping on the insert.  I slam my mags firmly, and the slide will release if it's locked back, but the only way I've seen the hammer drop is when the booger hook hits the bang stick.  I don't know how light that trigger is;  but with a very light trigger when your heart is pumping being just a little too fast back on the trigger before the mag is fully seated might explain the problem...or not. :-\
  If you come up with a mechanical cause please let us know.

Offline Matt101

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 05:36:41 AM »
Cool. I?ll pull the gun apart on the weekend and report back. I doubt it?s a gun issue too. The trigger is pretty good. Sub 2lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eastman

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:49:23 PM »
my first thought is that some part of the finger was touching the trigger. My TacSport has a 1# 7oz trigger, and I couldn't get the hammer to fall by slapping in a magazine (unless my booger hook was already on the bang switch).
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 06:20:09 AM »
It sure doesn't take much.  If you have a TS, do not put your finger on that trigger till the sights are on the target.  What is taking up slack on my other CZ's is putting a bullet down range with the Tactical Sport.  It's like a match rifle trigger in a handgun.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

anything