Author Topic: FBI qualifier?  (Read 3289 times)

Offline JFen

FBI qualifier?
« on: July 08, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »
Anyone shoot it?

I am not a competition shooter but I do take defensive shooting classes from time to time. Usually about 4 times a year I?ll take a class between regular range visits.

At the end of my last class my instructor asked if I wanted to shoot the FBI qualifier? Yep I said. 3,5,7,15,and 25 yard stations with clock expectations.

You need 48 out of 60 shots on the bowling pin target to qualify. Each stage is timed obviously.

I fell short by 4 and I was bummed.
At the end of the month I?m going to try it again. My instructor was happy with my results. He has a lot of LEOs he trains that didn?t do as well their 1st time out.

It?s way cool to shoot under clock pressure from a holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pewpew4life

Re: FBI qualifier?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:13:12 PM »
If you like shooting under pressure with time constraints, you should start competing. It's a lot of fun. And definitely good practice if you want to run that FBI qualifier again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline JFen

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
If you like shooting under pressure with time constraints, you should start competing. It's a lot of fun. And definitely good practice if you want to run that FBI qualifier again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I agree... it?s a blast to shoot that way. I didn?t really use sights until the 15 yrd station shots. My instructor wanted me to shoot fast regardless of the time allowed. My next time I?ll use more time and hopefully have a better result.

Way cool tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:15:13 PM »
At my local indoor club, we shoot every Monday night. they run the FBI qualifier every 5-6 months.  I have shot the FBI qualifier 5 X. 1st time with my CZ pro-tekII  58/60, 2nd time with my Rami 60/60, 3rd time with my accu-Shadow 59/60, 4th time with my Rami 57/60 and 5th time with my P10C with DPP 59/60.  I am a B/A class in USPSA 
This is what we shot this passed Monday .Scoring is five points for every shot within the scoring rings, for a possible of 225 points.  side-to-side movement as well, stepping to one side or the other as you draw the pistol.  I scored 190/225

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:37:08 PM by Bossgobbler »

Offline JM71

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 10:39:02 PM »
Very interesting. Any idea what the minimum passing score is?

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 10:54:10 PM »
At my local indoor club, we shoot every Monday night. they run the FBI qualifier every 5-6 months.  I have shot the FBI qualifier 5 X. 1st time with my CZ pro-tekII  58/60, 2nd time with my Rami 60/60, 3rd time with my accu-Shadow 59/60, 4th time with my Rami 57/60 and 5th time with my P10C with DPP 59/60.  I am a B/A class in USPSA 
This is what we shot this passed Monday .Scoring is five points for every shot within the scoring rings, for a possible of 225 points.  side-to-side movement as well, stepping to one side or the other as you draw the pistol.  I scored 190/225

That time looks plenty generous to me.....
But then again, EVERYTHING sounds easy when you are sitting in a chair and typing away! LOL

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 09:03:03 PM »
The 10 and 25 yard time are generous.  everything was from the draw.

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 09:04:18 PM »
  Passing for this was 180

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 10:54:51 PM »
I used to shoot IPSC but that was quite some time ago.  I probably suck now because I hardly practice, quite honestly.  But, I have been thinking about getting started again, just for fun and to hone my shooting skills.  It?s gonna be humbling, no humiliating really, in the beginning.  But I don?t take the competitive part seriously.  Probably use my P09.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline JM71

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 11:53:14 PM »
  Passing for this was 180

Wow! For any regular USPSA shooter even of moderate skill level that would be easy.

Offline GTTom

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »
My indoor range requires a Pistol Qualification certification to draw from a holster or rapid fire. I've passed the qualification. I found practicing for the Pistol Qualification was a good drill and challenging. Much more useful than just plinking at paper targets.

Here is the Pistol Qualify test. Using a FBI Q-Target with a 6" area designated as the head. You have 50 rounds of ammo. You need to score 40 hits or better to pass. (All within the "bottle". Hits on the lines don't count.) Score 40 - 45 = Sharpshooter, 46 - 49 = Expert, 50/50 = Master. Only two instructors have a perfect score of 50 and only one regular member has ever scored a 50. (After practicing for months and taking the test several times.)

<a href="https://sigtalk.com/attachments/gun-tactics/268726d1533394695-defensive-pistol-skill-practice-drills-qual.pdf" target="_blank">https://sigtalk.com/attachments/gun-tactics/268726d1533394695-defensive-pistol-skill-practice-drills-qual.pdf</a>

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »
Here is the Pistol Qualify test. Using a FBI Q-Target with a 6" area designated as the head. You have 50 rounds of ammo. You need to score 40 hits or better to pass. (All within the "bottle". Hits on the lines don't count.) Score 40 - 45 = Sharpshooter, 46 - 49 = Expert, 50/50 = Master. Only two instructors have a perfect score of 50 and only one regular member has ever scored a 50. (After practicing for months and taking the test several times.)

Not a Sig Talk member, so I can't see the pdf. What is the distance? Par time?

Offline GTTom

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »
Sorry about that. Meant to post only the image. See if this helps :D

anything