Author Topic: Trying to decide on pistol for heavy customization: P-07 vs P-10c vs Glock 19  (Read 3516 times)

Offline GeneralSu

I currently have a PCR and a P-07 that I alternate carrying. I love both, and I'm perfectly happy with them as my carry guns. I'm now interested in buying a handgun more for fun and customization, like slide work, optic milling for an RMR, compensator, etc. From what I've seen the most common platform for this is Glock, but I'm also curious whether there's enough aftermarket support for me to go wild on a CZ pistol. So I'm also considering a P-10c or another P-07. So my main question is, if you were to go crazy customizing a handgun, which of the above 3 would you go with, or would you choose something else?

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
P-07 would get my vote.

My carry and training pistols are RMR'd P-07s with Primary Machine comps and stippling by NAF Sokutions.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline GeneralSu

P-07 would get my vote.

My carry and training pistols are RMR'd P-07s with Primary Machine comps and stippling by NAF Sokutions.

If I were to do something like this, would it be better to get the suppressor ready version?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

P-07 hands down. You're starting right out of the gate with a classy gun that looks good and feels good in the hand. There is plenty good aftermarket support for CZ's today. Unlike all the poor quality/low quality and worthless gimmicks out there for other makes CGW, CZ-USA, and CZ Custom all make top quality worthwhile items for CZ's.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
P-07 would get my vote.

If I were to do something like this, would it be better to get the suppressor ready version?

Absolutely. If you want to run the comp you will need the threaded barrel.

Offline Earl Keese

I'm doing the same thing with my P10 minus the comp. I never thought it would happen, but I prefer it over my P-07. Mainly for the ergos but also for the shorter trigger travel.

Offline movingslow

P07 for me too.  I love Glocks.  I carry a Glock. But if you are going down the road of for fun and to make it look better/cooler/sexier Glocks can only start to look but so cool where  The p07 can go over the top and be more unique by far. 

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin

Forgot a pic... :)

... and my carry gear ...

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
P-09 or check out the Caniks.
"1776" - Part II

Offline movingslow

sonspark    Your P07 is so sick!!

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin

Thanks!

I used to have new gun fever all the time - this gun cured it :)

Offline GeneralSu

Thanks!

I used to have new gun fever all the time - this gun cured it :)

Ha, I may just have to go this route then!

Offline bravo5two

CZ P10F (the long slide version).  Wait for it.

You already have P07, why get one of similar size if $ will be spent on customization?  The P10F (or currently available P10C) has lots of potentials, trigger is very good out of the box, send the slide out for optics mount cut & slide lightening work and that would be it.

I do have a Cajun-ized P09 for competition use but something about the P10C that screams 'take me to the range' every time  8)

Glock 19 is ok for customization (i have a few) but regardless of what trigger you put in it, still is a heavy pull mother @ 4# (lighter pull will risk misfire).  Regarding grip angle/comfort, G19 can't compare to a CZ P10 or P07.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:02:32 AM by bravo5two »

Offline badwrench

I currently have a PCR and a P-07 that I alternate carrying. I love both, and I'm perfectly happy with them as my carry guns. I'm now interested in buying a handgun more for fun and customization, like slide work, optic milling for an RMR, compensator, etc. From what I've seen the most common platform for this is Glock, but I'm also curious whether there's enough aftermarket support for me to go wild on a CZ pistol. So I'm also considering a P-10c or another P-07. So my main question is, if you were to go crazy customizing a handgun, which of the above 3 would you go with, or would you choose something else?

I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend..Without a doubt, there are more useless doo-dads made for Glocks than any other pistol on the planet. By useless doo-dad, I mean backplates on the end of the slide with punisher skull logo, barrels that have "smile, wait for flash" engraved into the muzzle, dumb bleep like that.. However, when you get down to the serious stuff, trigger work, slide milling, etc, the sky's the limit, and there's alot of shops that work on Glocks, alot of stuff you could probably install yourself, and save some $$$. With CZ's you're a bit more limited as to the number of custom shops, (CGW, CZC) but either place can give you pretty much anything you want,within reason, it all boils down to how much do you want to spend.. Either a P-07 or a P-10c will work if you go with a CZ, whichever one you like best..

Offline GeneralSu

CZ P10F (the long slide version).  Wait for it.

You already have P07, why get one of similar size if $ will be spent on customization?  The P10F (or currently available P10C) has lots of potentials, trigger is very good out of the box, send the slide out for optics mount cut & slide lightening work and that would be it.

I do have a Cajun-ized P09 for competition use but something about the P10C that screams 'take me to the range' every time  8)

Glock 19 is ok for customization (i have a few) but regardless of what trigger you put in it, still is a heavy pull mother @ 4# (lighter pull will risk misfire).  Regarding grip angle/comfort, G19 can't compare to a CZ P10 or P07.

Yeah, I do like how the G19 has so many aftermarket options, but like you said, the grip angle/comfort is quite a bit worse than CZ's. The P10F is intriguing, I may go that route or the P10c.

I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend..Without a doubt, there are more useless doo-dads made for Glocks than any other pistol on the planet. By useless doo-dad, I mean backplates on the end of the slide with punisher skull logo, barrels that have "smile, wait for flash" engraved into the muzzle, dumb bleep like that.. However, when you get down to the serious stuff, trigger work, slide milling, etc, the sky's the limit, and there's alot of shops that work on Glocks, alot of stuff you could probably install yourself, and save some $$$. With CZ's you're a bit more limited as to the number of custom shops, (CGW, CZC) but either place can give you pretty much anything you want,within reason, it all boils down to how much do you want to spend.. Either a P-07 or a P-10c will work if you go with a CZ, whichever one you like best..

Yeah, I'm not looking to get dumb stuff like punisher logos lol. But it's true, the main appeal of the Glock for me is just how many options there are. Maybe the P-10c will start to catch on at more custom shops.

anything