Author Topic: Mag's are sticken  (Read 1808 times)

Offline DarrenL

Mag's are sticken
« on: July 15, 2018, 01:13:27 PM »
just got back from the range and noticed today that both my mags are not flying out, when I bought it the one mag flew out and the other one would come out half way. Now today they both pop out so the less the inch of base plate come out.

Offline dmleininger

Re: Mag's are sticken
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 01:25:17 PM »
They're probably gettin a little dirty.

Offline John_AZ

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »
I had the opposite. Brand new, mine wouldn?t drop. After a bunch of mag change drills, they slicked up.

Try taking a brush to the mag well and scrub the mags a bit.

Offline Erratikmind

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 01:47:00 PM »
If the magazines bodies are clean and proper, I'd scrub out the mag well . . . Good luck.

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »
What model do you have? Most of the compacts have a mag brake. If that's the case, for full drop free operations, you'll need to replace it:
https://czcustom.com/cz-compact-magazine-brake-stainless.html

Offline DarrenL

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 03:27:31 PM »
thanks everyone I cleaned the mag well and cleaned both mags inside and out and now a lot better.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 06:46:55 PM »
Remove your brake and straighten it to flat. Either came as a stop break or just too sticky to let drop. Either way making sure it is straight is the place to start. Then make sure all is clean and adding car wax helps keep the junk off of your mags inside and out.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 12:33:25 AM »
If you have a mag brake,  larryflew's suggestion is good;  or I think you can buy a flat stainless mag brake for your pistol for about $10-$11 dollars.

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 07:50:36 PM »
I have the same situation: the PCR's mags do not drop free from the gun. Don't know why.

My Walther P99c AS's mags fly out.
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline DarrenL

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 06:08:35 AM »
I have read the PCR makes are made to just pop out so the officer can take his empty mag and put it in his spare mag holster instead of letting them drop to the ground.

I have the same situation: the PCR's mags do not drop free from the gun. Don't know why.

My Walther P99c AS's mags fly out.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 04:57:38 PM »
If they (Mag Brakes) are like the full size 75 Brakes,  they just have a "crease" across the flat spring main spring protector maybe 3/4" down below the top pin.

This "crease" is what prevents the mag from falling farther than just far enough to pull the mag out by hand.
Flatten the crease on an anvil; or buy a mag stainless brake without the crease (Drop Free brake),  and your mags will drop free.

Offline sofrosune

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 11:54:57 AM »
I had the same problem when I got my new PCR.  Issue ended up being the grips.  The rubber grips were too thick and decreased the interior dimension, pressing against the mags.  I replaced the grips with VZ's and mags fell free.  Also tried some older P01 grips and those also let the mags fall free.  Newer grips seem a little more sloppily made.

Offline gwvt

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 02:19:07 PM »
I had the same problem with my PCR when I got it new but I just had to back out the grip screws a tad - they had been over-tightened at the factory.

I had the same problem when I got my new PCR.  Issue ended up being the grips.  The rubber grips were too thick and decreased the interior dimension, pressing against the mags.  I replaced the grips with VZ's and mags fell free.  Also tried some older P01 grips and those also let the mags fall free.  Newer grips seem a little more sloppily made.